Thin, Limp and Strong

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Thin, Limp and Strong

Post by goldrod » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:57 am

I went out today for a few hours.. 3 to be exact.
I decided on keeping my Lami 735 and for now have it paired up with an aldebaran 7.
I was using floro for some shakey heads ( Man it was a pleasure today fishing shakey heads on this setup) with a jewel baits
jeff Kriet Squirrel head and I caught fish but I think that the line 12# floro was too old or something. Anyways I stripped it off and Looking for a new line, copo or whatever you got long as its thin, limp and strong.
I will be gone for 3 days but I need to be able to get some by friday night. What do you recommend and why?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Thin, Limp and Strong

Post by DirtyD64 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:42 pm

Well I was reading and felt I might could help, I trade and try all kinds of line with tournament friends and take their leftovers that they strip off reels after season ends...

For fluoro I love HiSeas Quattro camo 100% fluorocarbon (not the copoly/mono), go a size smaller though, it is thicker but strong, and I swear all the dye makes the line more limp. I use 10lb instead of 12 or 8 where I would usually use 10.
Don't really use much mono or braid, always use Sufix832 or anything 17lb+ for topwater shock leaders (concerning mono)

Another fluoro that is great is obviously Sunline FC Sniper, it lasts me a while. P-Line Halo is strong but stiff, Invisx is limp, thin, great casting, but a little stretchy/soft and not as strong.