SX1 vs TX1 / FX2 vs BX2

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

SX1 vs TX1 / FX2 vs BX2

Post by Finnz922 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:33 am

Anyone compared the two? Noise isn't an issue with me, just wondering if the lines were any better once out on the water?

cumara
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: SX1 vs TX1 / FX2 vs BX2

Post by cumara » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:19 pm

FX2 has been my favorite heavy braid for a long time and I've tried many. Was excited about BX2, and have used it for a month or two. It is smoother, but the color faded quickly and was never that dark to begin with. The BX2 line diameter seems thicker to me as well...I didn't measure it, just going by look and feel. I don't have enough time with it to comment on abrasion resistance, but I will stick with FX2. I have some TX1 too but haven't tried it yet.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:02 am

I have been using the SX1 on my dropshot setups since its inception. It is kind of middle of the road smooth, which I like better than the super smooth lines like Smackdown. Smackdown is too thin and it doesn't give enough warning that a wind knot is about to appear. I also had a few break-offs when using Smackdown in the rocks because it is so thin. The SX1 gives you more warning that a wind knot is about to occur. You can hear and feel the twist because of the texture.
I tried the chartreuse SX1 in 12lb.(smallest available in that color) when it came out, but it was a little too thick for me and the color faded to a natural color way too quickly. I ended up going back to the 10lb. SX1 in green.
I didn't expect the 10lb. TX1 to be something that I would like, but I had a chance to fish it this weekend for the first time. The yellow 10lb. looks to be a little thicker than the 10lb. SX1 (probably because of the silicone coating). The yellow color didn't fade much and it had just enough texture to make it predictable and to give it enough friction. Time will tell, but the TX1 may be a keeper for me.

Montanaro
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Montanaro » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:21 pm

The tx and bx are just sx and fx with coatings.

I love sunline but their braid lineup is terrible

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:28 am

Montanaro wrote:The tx and bx are just sx and fx with coatings.

I love sunline but their braid lineup is terrible
Their site claims that they are different materials. Some people like different qualities in a braid for different applications. What is it that you don't like about Sunline braids?

Montanaro
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Montanaro » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:31 pm

Different in that it has a coating. Not a fan of their large diameters and onky having 4 carrier braids. They also bleed a lot.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:29 am

Montanaro wrote:Different in that it has a coating. Not a fan of their large diameters and onky having 4 carrier braids. They also bleed a lot.

Fish a smaller size if you don't like the diameters. They are more abrasion resistant than most braids. You can probably get away with it.
I color the first few feet of my braid black. Bleeding just comes with braid. Yes, some bleed faster like the chartreuse SX1, but this is not a major deciding factor for me.
The TX-1 and BX2 are 8 carrier braids that use Izanas, where the SX-1 and FX2 use ULT-PE material. Maybe somebody on here can explain/verify the difference in these materials? The FX2 is also an 8 carrier braid. I don't know about the number of carriers for the SX-1. I've seen people on other threads say 4, but the Sunline website doesn't give a number.

slime king
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by slime king » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:50 am

Fx2 and Sx1 have been really good braids. I use the Sx1 for finesse application that don't need abrasion resistance. FX2 is great for heavy cover applications. I tried TX1 last fall in 7lb for crappies and liked it but don't have enough time on it to say if it is any better than SX1.