Upgrade from Invisx - Sunlike or Tatsu

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
Bigguy
Angler
Angler

Upgrade from Invisx - Sunlike or Tatsu

Post by Bigguy » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:58 am

I am looking to upgrade my spinning rod flouro line for next season. I have used invisx 6# for a couple of seasons and like it. I used to have 4 reels spooled with 6# invisx now i am running two braid and two flouro, I lost a number of fish on the 6# flouro to moderate cover (i know use light line around cover and you are asking to get your feelings hurt). However, I am in the pressured northeast (not NY or even CT) and on tournament days by lunch the fish have seen just about everything and the water is generally clear.

With that as the background, I tried some sunline fc sniper in 16# and it crushed invisx. I also use sunline leader for my braid setups. So,

Does sunline have a manageable spinning reel flouro?

Would Tatsu be a performance upgrade?

Thanks TT.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Upgrade from Invisx - Sunlike or Tatsu

Post by Cal » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:01 am

yes and yes ... ;)
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:14 am

6lb. Sniper is more sensitive than the InvizX. The Tatsu will handle a little better than Sniper and InvizX. Sunline makes a Finesse Fluoro that handles really well, but it has more stretch and less sensitivity than Sniper.

Bigguy
Angler
Angler

Post by Bigguy » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:18 am

Thanks - it sounds like Tatsu is what I am looking for. I know how Invisx performs and it sounds like the Tatsu will just be overall better i.e. same or better manageability with more strength / less stretch. On a 2000 size reel, less manageability is not ideal.

Thanks in advance - when you start to get into high end line trial and error is expensive and frustrating.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:42 am

Tatsu is wonderful. Still has some stretch, less than Invizx but a tad more than Sniper. It handles fantastic and I find the longevity better than Sniper. I feel better using line conditioner with Sniper as it tends to get kinda dry, but I don't need it with Tatsu. Seaguar also has a new finesse fluorocarbon with the same double structure process Tatsu has.

tomustang
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by tomustang » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:08 am

I had that problem as well up here in the NE and just went from seaguar 6lb to 8lb and haven't had any issues.

dirtygeary
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dirtygeary » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:16 pm

You seriously cannot beat it. However $$$$$$$$$$$$ is painful.