Sugoi Fluoro: advice needed

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
trent_s
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Sugoi Fluoro: advice needed

Post by trent_s » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:50 am

Just bought some of the clear Sugoi fluorocarbon in 16# from TW, listed as flipping line, but I suspect they're all the same lol. Anyways it came in and was much thinner than expected. It doesn't list line diameter, but I would put it around .31 by looking at it...my experience has been that line pretty much is as strong as it's diameter. ie Toray 10# and Sniper 12# both break about the same amount of pressure for me, and are the same diameter, just as PLine CXX 8# and is really about 12# strength.

I bought it b/c Cal's review showed it being around 90% knot strength with the Palomar, and knot strength is usually the Achilles heel with fluoro. TW jumped from 12 to 16 to 20. In sunline I usually jig with around 14 or 16#, which is noticeably thicker :-k

You guys think this will hold up for jigging??

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Sugoi Fluoro: advice needed

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:24 am

Jigs don't cost that much. Just ease your way into thicker stuff until it breaks. I'm trying new line for jigs this year as well.

trent_s
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Sugoi Fluoro: advice needed

Post by trent_s » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:34 am

ccass wrote:Jigs don't cost that much. Just ease your way into thicker stuff until it breaks. I'm trying new line for jigs this year as well.

LOL yeah I'm nervous. I don't mind losing jigs...I hate losing fish! If I'd had known how thin it was I would have gotten 18 or even 20