Super Natural for topwater?

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
iliketofishman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Super Natural for topwater?

Post by iliketofishman » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:01 am

I just bought some 20 and 25# Super Natural to throw bigger topwaters. I didn't like the feel with braid so I wanted to try mono. Is that a good choice of mono for this purpose?

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Super Natural for topwater?

Post by toddmc » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:03 am

It will have some stretch, but it works fine for me. I use the Super Natural in those sizes for some of my topwater swimbaits.

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:24 pm

Yes, it will work well with topwater baits. I like nylon lines for topwater baits over braid as well.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:36 pm

njbasscat wrote:Yes, it will work well with topwater baits. I like nylon lines for topwater baits over braid as well.
Only exception is buzzbaits.

stevenhatchy
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by stevenhatchy » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:44 am

I have some Armilo Defier that I have been extremely pleased with. It's been my favorite line for open water topwater baits and I have been completely satisfied with every aspect of its performance. It casts great on my baitcasters, has very little stretch (especially for a mono), has great knot strength, and I have never had it cut off even when fishing inshore for trout and other toothy fish.