line for senko

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
masterbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: line for senko

Post by masterbass » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:15 pm

I'm going to have to try sniper for senkos. Does it need line conditioner?

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:04 pm

masterbass wrote:I'm going to have to try sniper for senkos. Does it need line conditioner?
always....

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:39 am

cndbasshunter wrote:
masterbass wrote:I'm going to have to try sniper for senkos. Does it need line conditioner?
always....
Which do you prefer? I've been using fluoro all year and I've never owned a bottle of conditioner :lol: :shock:

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:49 am

Teal101 wrote:
cndbasshunter wrote:
always....
Which do you prefer? I've been using fluoro all year and I've never owned a bottle of conditioner :lol: :shock:
try it...i find it makes flouro last longer and smoother. I love the KVD one, i use it for all lines and even use it to wipedown my reels after a days fishing.

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:01 am

cndbasshunter wrote:
Teal101 wrote:
cndbasshunter wrote:
always....
try it...i find it makes flouro last longer and smoother. I love the KVD one, i use it for all lines and even use it to wipedown my reels after a days fishing.
Gotcha, good thing TW is about to have a Labor Day sale, I'll pick up a bottle.

Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bassmar » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:56 pm

njbasscat wrote:
Martin Lo wrote:
falcon wrote:I feel it's to stiff and unfriendly to casting a bait like the senko
Ok, thanks, seems like Tatsu is holding the polls... Tatsu its is..
Tatsu is great for spinning reels. It's very good for casting reels too but I don't notice a huge difference between it and Sniper in terms of cast ability and abrasion resistance. You really could not go wrong with either in my opinion.
Tatsu is the best Flouro I have tried on spinning reels. Was giving up hope till I tried it.
That said I still prefer braid with a flouro leader when fishing weightless senkos on spinning tackle. I watch the line where it enters the water very carefully. Most bites will be visible on the line. I am OK with giving up a bit of line sensitivity for the better line management and less line issues I have with braid fishing weightless.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:55 pm

Has anyone found what they consider a happy medium between braid and fluorocarbon? Something not super stretch that still offers fair slack line sensitivity. I just spooled some Defier Armillo but haven't fished any weightless plastics with it.

falcon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by falcon » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:18 am

Yeah that's why I just about abandoned fluoro altogether for McCoy and izorline

Snyder Rods
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Snyder Rods » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:28 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:Has anyone found what they consider a happy medium between braid and fluorocarbon? Something not super stretch that still offers fair slack line sensitivity.
- For myself, yes - Berkley Ironsilk... it's as low-stretch and sensitive as mono gets. I'll admit it's a far cry from fluoro as far as slack-line sensitivity goes... but handles as well as the best monos.

angry john
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by angry john » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:35 am

I use Yozuri hybrid in 10lb for worms when not using a rod spooled with flouro. Sinks good to.
Last edited by angry john on Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

basskeeter1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by basskeeter1 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:09 am

angry john wrote:I use sniper or pline 100%
I've also used Pline flouroclear and the stuff holds up. $10 for a spool of 200 - 300 yards is great.

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:24 am

basskeeter1 wrote:
I've also used Pline flouroclear and the stuff holds up. $10 for a spool of 200 - 300 yards is great.
Fluoroclear is different than the 100%, the 100% Is actual fluoro. The Fluoroclear is mono. I like fluoroclear for cranks, but after using some Red Label for a few bucks more it is totally worth it to step up to real fluoro.

angry john
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by angry john » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:43 pm

Teal101 wrote:
basskeeter1 wrote:
Fluoroclear is different than the 100%, the 100% Is actual fluoro. The Fluoroclear is mono. I like fluoroclear for cranks, but after using some Red Label for a few bucks more it is totally worth it to step up to real fluoro.
Flouroclear is good for cranks, but has a lot of stretch in the 8lb i use and did not have good abrasion. I know a lot of guys that like it, and it handles well.

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:23 am

angry john wrote:
Teal101 wrote:
basskeeter1 wrote:
Flouroclear is good for cranks, but has a lot of stretch in the 8lb i use and did not have good abrasion. I know a lot of guys that like it, and it handles well.
The stretch is why I relegated it to cranks, gives me a bit of cushion on the trebles. I havent had major issues with abrasion, not like some of P-Lines cheaper line like C21. It handles amazingly, that is for sure.