Braid on Casting Reels

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
OkobojiEagle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Braid on Casting Reels

Post by OkobojiEagle » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:39 am

Please accept my apology, I thought you were looking for input in resolving your casting issues.

oe

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ScoobyDoo » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:10 am

Sounds like you thumb needs a little education.

RWSCHMITZ
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by RWSCHMITZ » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:23 pm

OkobojiEagle wrote:
Crappielimits wrote:30 pd braid is usually too thin for most bait casters.

I'm another one that will say poppy-thingie to this idea. The poster needs to smooth out his casting motion, become very consistent with that motion and stop throwing to the fences.

oe

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

ezcue
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ezcue » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:37 am

One thing I do with all my reels ( baitcaster or spinning) when I spool up braid is to hose them down with Reel Magic....I mean dripping. I also give them a good shot of it after every fishing trip. It helped to cut down on the issue for me the few times I have had it happen. I found it happened to me the worst when casting rat-l-trap ( flat sided) stuff that occasionally cartwheels on a cast and slows down mid flight. That and 5 bucks will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks ( I think). :lol:

WoodT
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by WoodT » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:35 am

ezcue wrote:One thing I do with all my reels ( baitcaster or spinning) when I spool up braid is to hose them down with Reel Magic....I mean dripping. I also give them a good shot of it after every fishing trip. It helped to cut down on the issue for me the few times I have had it happen. I found it happened to me the worst when casting rat-l-trap ( flat sided) stuff that occasionally cartwheels on a cast and slows down mid flight.
x2. I am superstitious about Reel Magic. That stuff rules. Try it on the exterior of your paint sprayer next time. Really cuts down on clean up pain.