New Green Sniper...ridiculous

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
fisherman012
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

New Green Sniper...ridiculous

Post by fisherman012 » Mon May 27, 2013 12:22 am

I look at pretty much every other company and the price of their line does not change from color to color...but the new Green sniper is $5 more than the clear sniper. Thats so stupid to me...Ill just stick to the clear stuff!

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: New Green Sniper...ridiculous

Post by Pen3 » Mon May 27, 2013 9:35 am

ok

vinnieb729
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by vinnieb729 » Mon May 27, 2013 9:45 am

They may want to recoup development costs or there is a special step in production needed. An email to the company may answer questions...maybe even make you want to try some! FC Super sniper is what I have now...I like it so far!

fisherman012
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fisherman012 » Mon May 27, 2013 1:02 pm

Pen3 wrote:ok
sharing a thought...no reason to be an ass.
vinnieb729 wrote:They may want to recoup development costs or there is a special step in production needed. An email to the company may answer questions...maybe even make you want to try some! FC Super sniper is what I have now...I like it so far!
I have used fc sniper for a year or two now and love it...I just think its rediculous they want to charge an extra five bucks to an already expensive line just to make it green lol

damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by damian_megabass » Tue May 28, 2013 12:28 am

Don't like price don't buy...Price is upfront. It's $5 more, it's not that much plus get it with TW 15% off and you have a new "cheaper" floro.

Maybe there is an extra step or process to make the line green, or translucent green to be exact. Maybe you should research about making translucent line. Not eeryone here like people who complain, and I doubt pen3 was being an ***. It doesn't make sense to complain about price when it's upfront. It gets old when all people do is complain about price of certain products.

Or do what vinnie said, a simple email would solve your complaint. 8-[

Thor
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Thor » Tue May 28, 2013 3:05 am

Glad someone beat me to it. Nothing more needs to be said.

fisherman012
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fisherman012 » Tue May 28, 2013 6:33 am

I was just seeing if anyone else agreed...I dont want to hear you complain about me complaining lol. Ok just kidding. Sorry, Im not really scared to pay more but I just dont get why other companies dont charge more and they do. Just sharing a comment and thought. Im sure yall have never complained on a forum before lol.

cst
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cst » Tue May 28, 2013 8:06 am

And Lucky Craft charges more for their MS colors.

Sniper is excellent line and if Sunline was to charge Tatsu prices (39.99 per 200yards), I would still buy it.

You looked at pretty much every company? How many of them actually offered the same line of fluorocarbon in multiple color options? Looking through TackleWarehouse, you only haveTrilene 100% that offers you a choice in line color. Daiwa Steez, Pline Halo, and Sunline Shooter Metan are the only other green fluorocarbons you have can choose from. Trilene is way too thick and unmanageable and Halo is only a slight improvement. But, whatever, if you're happy with mediocrity, save yourself the cost of a bag of senkos and fish some green Trilene.

Also The Sniper BMS costs even more than the green line!

Flathead
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Flathead » Tue May 28, 2013 7:42 pm

Totally agree, it shouldn't cost more because its green, its not as if there making the bare min on the line anyway. To me that's poor marketing. Maybe they have excess of the others or maybe there thinking about discontinuing some colors and want to get rid of them before they flood the market with there green stuff, either way I guarantee after a while they make it all the one price.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Tue May 28, 2013 11:50 pm

It's possible it's more expensive because of additional process to add color to the line. I could be mistaken but there is something about flourocarbon line that makes adding color difficult, possibly the molecular structure.
I use the Shooter Invisible, another Sunline product for certain applications and Berkley 100% Flouro for others. I haven't had problems with either, although the Berkley is somewhat greater in diameter.

fisherman012
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fisherman012 » Wed May 29, 2013 12:46 pm

cst wrote:And Lucky Craft charges more for their MS colors.

Sniper is excellent line and if Sunline was to charge Tatsu prices (39.99 per 200yards), I would still buy it.

You looked at pretty much every company? How many of them actually offered the same line of fluorocarbon in multiple color options? Looking through TackleWarehouse, you only haveTrilene 100% that offers you a choice in line color. Daiwa Steez, Pline Halo, and Sunline Shooter Metan are the only other green fluorocarbons you have can choose from. Trilene is way too thick and unmanageable and Halo is only a slight improvement. But, whatever, if you're happy with mediocrity, save yourself the cost of a bag of senkos and fish some green Trilene.

Also The Sniper BMS costs even more than the green line!
obvously you didnt read the whole post...I said Id stick to my clear sniper....therefore Im not settling for mediocrity....read the whole post... ](*,)...Plus when your a college student as I am, every dollar saved helps. So while 5 dollars may not seem like a lot....get 6 or so spool and yea that got to an extra 30 bucks...which is a few meals and what not.

MTBF
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by MTBF » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:19 am

Pen3 wrote:ok
=D> Not sure if I'll try the green stuff, I've been happy with the regular FCSniper. And yes $5 more sucks but who cares, the FCSniper is overpriced to begin with but it works.. that the price to pay for amazing fluorocarbon.

ppFishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ppFishing » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:46 am

They periodically have a buy one get one free. I really don't know when though. I got mine from their last sale at HUT.

ec1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ec1 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:11 am

In case you didn't check out their website, they claim that this green stuff is even more invisible in the water. As if the clear FC was too much visibility, right?
So you can go claim that you'll have an edge over the competition with this green line, but of course you're going to have to pay a premium for that ;)

https://www.sunlineamerica.com/super-fc ... ard-spool/

PancakeFace22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by PancakeFace22 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:42 pm

I kinda agree that it is weird that the green version is more expensive, but I also think that fluorocarbon is probably harder to color.

My mom has a rod with Trilene 100% in green on it, and after a few months of fishing it looks noticeably faded out and almost just looks like dirty clear line. The line is still smooth and just as strong as it always was, but it's almost like the color just washed off.

Regarding the Sniper BMS: I don't think that the BMS line is the same line as the ~$20 a spool Sniper. My brother has a few reels spooled with it and it feels very similar to Shooter Metan to me.

And a bit off topic, but I went into a Walmart near Lake Guntersville recently, and they were selling Super FC Sniper! I never thought I would see Sunline products in a Walmart. I didn't buy any, but I did notice that it was pretty cheap at like $17 and some change for a spool of 12lb.