Which Fluorocarbon?

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
stumpy041486
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Which Fluorocarbon?

Post by stumpy041486 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:18 pm

I am looking to get some fluorocarbon for fishing mainly texas rigged soft plastics and jigs. What would you recommend? I am thinking about trying the sunline shooter, but is it really worth that much more money? I will be using 20lb test also. What I am looking for is low stretch, abrasion resistance, low visibility.

Thanks

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Which Fluorocarbon?

Post by Tokugawa » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:15 am

Shooter is great. If you want something a little less expensive, the FC Sniper is excellent. The Super FC is a good value also, but it is a bit more stiff than the Sniper. The Super and Sniper is good in Erie with all of the zebras, so abrasion resistance is excellent.

BB144
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BB144 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:20 am

Super FC is the only Sunline FC I've used, but I've really like it so far. It is stiffer than my go-to fluoro (Seaguar InvisX), but I find it's not bad with a little KVD L&L. From the fishing I've done with it this year, it seems to be much better than InvisX in the abrasion resistance department, although Seaguar AbrasX is supposed to be good too (haven't tried it yet.
cabinfeverlures.webs.com
fb.com/CabinFeverLures

Capt Ray
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Capt Ray » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:59 am

I have been using the Seaguar Red Label for a year now and it performs almost as good as much higher priced Fluoro. Not enough difference to justify spending nearly twice as much.