When is the next TT Fluorocarbon Showdown?

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

When is the next TT Fluorocarbon Showdown?

Post by toddmc » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:57 am

The first two were very informative. I would like a new Showdown with the latest popular fluoros being compared. Who else would like to see it? I have tried about 10 new fluoros in the last year and I would like to see if my evaluations are similar. Pretty please TT!!!!!

steve1206
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: When is the next TT Fluorocarbon Showdown?

Post by steve1206 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:42 pm

An update would be cool. I'd love to see some mono/ copoly and braid statistics-- tensile strength mostly.

Nytron
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Nytron » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:28 pm

Really looking forward to the next one. Lines like Tatsu need to be tested. Also, it would be cool to see a comparison on fluoro leader material vs. main-line flouro for abrasion resistance, strength, visibility, etc. to determine the best leader material when fishing thin braid w/ fluoro leader.

Gulfcoastwader
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Gulfcoastwader » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:32 am

I too am interested in seeing Tatsu tested - I think that is the new record for most expensive fluoro out there (beat out Gamma which I thought was ludicrously expensive). I recently saw Seaguar is giving away 40 yards when you buy some Abrazx recently? Or did I dream that up??

Also I'd like to see the new Sunline Reaction and hear folks thoughts/experiences when it is available

bob75
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bob75 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:51 am

I would like to see comparisons of mono and copoly lines. Tensile strength, abrasion resistance and stretch.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:16 am

I have only used 8lb. Tatsu. It handles almost as well as InvizX, but with a little less stetch. Tatsu is great for knots because I believe the outer core is softer than the inner. It ties up closer to a mono/copolymer, yet it still seems to do pretty well with abrasion in the DVL trees. I'm not sure it is worth the $40 price tag. I'm still experimenting.