Sunline Super Natural

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
joeim8
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Sunline Super Natural

Post by joeim8 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:57 pm

Hello all,

What pound test do you guys use when fishing topwaters,Spinnerbaits around shallow weeds ect.

I hardly ever use mono but for these few techniques I do.

I am switching over from Suffix Seige to Sunline Super Nat.....I realize there is a pretty big difference between the 2in line dia vs # test.

Just curious to see what others throw.

Also is Super Nat still regarded as one of the best Monos' or has nayhthing new come out lately?

Thnaks for any info guys

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Sunline Super Natural

Post by Tokugawa » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:15 pm

#10 for jerks and topwater

steve1206
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by steve1206 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:56 pm

joeim8 wrote:Hello all,

What pound test do you guys use when fishing topwaters,Spinnerbaits around shallow weeds ect.

I hardly ever use mono but for these few techniques I do.

I am switching over from Suffix Seige to Sunline Super Nat.....I realize there is a pretty big difference between the 2in line dia vs # test.

Just curious to see what others throw.

Also is Super Nat still regarded as one of the best Monos' or has nayhthing new come out lately?

Thnaks for any info guys
Go to tackle warehouse (open up 2 browsers) and compare the 2. They have the diameter listed for both. A good, close, general rule is jump up 2 label sizes when going to the Sun Line and your diamter will be close. If you throw 10 lb. Suffix, go to 14lb. SN...I was throwing 17 lb. Suffix and just went to SN. Jumped 20 and went to 25lb. Same diameter..(17 Seige vs. 25 SuperNatural)...I actually think the Suffix is hard to beat as I have cranked with the 10 and spinnerbaited with the 17 all year...Just had to try the SN.

Bassboss
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Bassboss » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:37 pm

16 pouds outa do ya well. Good mixture of strength and thinness.