Berkley Sensation

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
Smalleyez
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Berkley Sensation

Post by Smalleyez » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:54 am

I've had good luck with Sensation. I use the high-vis green all the time here on the Mississippi River and it's tough, thin, and has good abrasion resistance. Just filled the 100DC with 12# and heading for the river. I also like the 6# and 8# on spinning gear. Good stuff and underrated in my opinion.
RRR (Round Reels Rule!)

Tomhdez
Angler
Angler

Re: Berkley Sensation

Post by Tomhdez » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:03 pm

Good stuff. I use the 4lb in lo vis green. The damn line SHOOTS through the guides and it's great for casting distance! But no so good for wind knots especially with spinning gear. Do you fish in places with a lot of cover weeds or rocks? The reason I ask is because I've noticed It's not very abrasion resistant or maybe it's just that I use such light line. Knots hold very well, I don't think I've broken off at the knot I've fished it for about a year and a half. It's a pretty good deal at about 2 cents per yard and yes it's underrated.

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tywithay » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:40 pm

I use 4lb on my ultralight and 8lb on another spinning rod and I've had a lot of success with this line. Wind knots have never been an issue for me, though I've never really had any problems with any line on my spinning gear. I still prefer my P-line for overall strength and abrasion resistance, but Sensation does cast great and holds knots very well.

Bassboss
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Bassboss » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:53 pm

What are you using this line for smalleyez? I've always been curious about it myself.

Smalleyez
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Smalleyez » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:58 pm

Bassboss wrote:What are you using this line for smalleyez? I've always been curious about it myself.
I use the 6-8 jigging for walleyes. I use the 12 for pitching jigs/senkos to smallies. I guess I have to be careful about saying it's great for everything, but I've had good luck with it and it's never broken at the wrong time. Love the high-vis here on the river!
RRR (Round Reels Rule!)

bob75
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bob75 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:20 am

I like Sensation has it has high tensile strength and lower stretch than most monos/copolomers. According to Berkley its' abrasion resistance is on the low end of their lines.

btune
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by btune » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:53 am

Just finished the last of a 3,000 yard spool of 8 pound clear which we use on spinning rigs. Good bang for the buck with the bulk spool and does very well on 2500 sized reels. Since I have to order the bulk spools 8 pound is the only size that I will use that much in a couple of years. I also use the 15-17 for heavier applications and it works well for that too. Yes I do notice some nicks here and there but do not think It has cost me a fish. I do check it on every fish and retie often anyway with all lines.

Snyder Rods
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Snyder Rods » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:54 am

I had problems with knot/shock stregth when I tried it for worm fishing years ago.