The P-Line pref......

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
ogrich31
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: The P-Line pref......

Post by ogrich31 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:57 am

I use a few lines from Pline. My all around jig rod gets 17lb Halo, one of my swimbait setups gets 20lb CXX and my ultralight rig gets 3lb Floroclear. That's about it with the lines I use from Pline, all my other setups get other brands/lines.

barrys
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by barrys » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:35 pm

x2 on the HALO that stuff is awesome !!!

Steve Williams
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Steve Williams » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:23 pm

CXX is the no fail line. you can abuse it anyway you want and the knots won't fail, the rocks won't cut it, and the shock strength is unbeatable. it is the best flipping/topwater/heavy cover cranking line under $20 a spool hands down. just go by diameter and not the lb test on the package.

cx premium is a great cranking line. small diameter typical of most true copolymers and good abrasion resistance for the diameter. go by diameter rather than knot strength.

fluoroclear is the worst product they've put out to me...it is repackaged cx premium in clear rather than fluorescent blue with less knot strength, less abrasion resistance, and less shock strength in my opinion. i've had it fail more than any other product they put out. i know i'm against the grain on this one, but never understood the "draw" to it.

halo is nice for spinning rods, but their pure fluorocarbon is just as good for dragging rigs, jigs and bottom contact baits. I just prefer seaguar over it.

nsfisher
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by nsfisher » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:27 am

I have only had bad luck with P line Floro, so just last year I switched to Vicious and I absolutely loved it and don't have any complaints about it. And now with the release of Vicious Elite floro, I will never use P line again. Plus with Vicious you are able to keep a few bills in your wallet which is always a great thing.

jeb
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jeb » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:47 pm

Interesting to read about a few folks not liking the Pline Flouroclear. I guess that just goes to the fact that someone has always had bad luck with pretty much every product out there. To me, it's a fantastic product that I've never had anything but great results with, at least in the 6# and 8# line.

holden234
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by holden234 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:18 am

I use the P-Line CXX Xtra Strong with plenty of KVD line conditioner. Grandson landed a 8 lb 5 oz LM with 8 lb. After that I guess all we will fish is the P-Line Xstr.

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by slipperybob » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:45 am

jeb wrote:Interesting to read about a few folks not liking the Pline Flouroclear. I guess that just goes to the fact that someone has always had bad luck with pretty much every product out there. To me, it's a fantastic product that I've never had anything but great results with, at least in the 6# and 8# line.
That's becuase Floroclear has both the advantages and disadvantages of a flourocarbon line. ](*,)
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish

Snyder Rods
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Snyder Rods » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:05 am

Fluoroclear is just a consistent low memory line. But there are other low memory lines out there.

You guys that like Fluoroclear should try BPS "tight line"... same low memory and sensitivity. Not quite as good handling, but has better abrasion resistance. Much less expensive, especially if you catch it on sale.

lpquick
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by lpquick » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:45 pm

P Line CXX 14lb. BFGreen inshore fishing almost always over oyster beds for Specs, Reds, Drum and Flounder. I have pulled in 2 Drum one about 55lbs. and the other around 45lbs. A Blue catfish at just over 42lbs. I use P Line Fluorocarbon 20lb as a leader which I like better than Seaguar InvizX. I have never in three years had a fish break off, not once. I tie my line directly to the leader during the spring before live bait becomes available, tossing 3-5" soft plastic mostly on 3/8 to 1/2 oz Bassassassin jigs. or I use Gulp Shrimp 3-4". In May I mostly Carolina rig it using a small swivel and 3/8oz weights, 2 beads and 3-5' leader using 1/0 and 2/0 Gamakatsu Octopus and Circle hooks with live shrimp. Dragging and bouncing the bottom around and in those oyster beds. :D
Rods & Reels Excite me!