Lake Fork FluoroHybrid Fishing Line

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
stykbowslim
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Lake Fork FluoroHybrid Fishing Line

Post by stykbowslim » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:12 am

I have read some good reviews on both the Lake Fork FluoroHybrid Pro and the Lake Fork FluoroHybrid FH fishing lines, and I was thinking about purchasing some for large mouth bass fishing. Has anybody here used Lake Fork fishing line ? If so, please provide some feedback based on your experience... thank you.

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Lake Fork FluoroHybrid Fishing Line

Post by njbasscat » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:12 pm

I used the FlouroHybrid in 10 lb test for a weekend. I did not like it and changed back to Berkley 100% Flouro on one of my cranking rods. The sensativity was poor and the abrasion resistance was poor in my opinion. I'll admit that I don't like mono very much and it fished much like a nylon mono.

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Nitroman77 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:24 am

You have to remember that their lines are not 100% flouros...
I use their powersilk for moving baits ie. spinnerbaits, topwater, cranks, and jerkbaits and it has less stretch then a typical mono..I havent had ANY issues with breakage and its lasted me a long time during the season..
Their flouro hybrid and FHP are both two core lines, meaning the inner core is a HIGH grade mono, which keeps the line more limp over time..The outer core being the flouro..
I use the FHP US 12,17,20lb for more bottom baits and flipping/pitching and havent had any issues with abrasion or breaking off as the stuff is a beast to break.
I think the main confusion is people look at the ISO rating and go by that when they are using a small diameter line..
I normally compare the lines with the .0012 rating to other lines.. :D
Ive got about 20 spools waiting to be put on my reels again this year with confidence..
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats

stykbowslim
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by stykbowslim » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:26 pm

Thank you for the comments....

Steve Williams
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Steve Williams » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:45 am

The fluorohybrid pro fishing line is BULLET proof. I'm not as big a fan of the other two, but the power silk makes a good topwater line or shallow cranking line if you prefer copolymer for those actions over braid (topwater) or fluorocarbon (for cranking.) FHP has the power and abrasion resistance of equivalent test Pline CXX with none of the handling issue and much smaller diameter. It has that kind of abrasion resistance, impact resistance and still handles more like trilene xl or invisx than Pline CXX. I am a huge Pline fan but have started to prefer the FHP over any other copolymers. What you have to remember is what was stated by Nitroman...the Lake Fork lines are not 100% fluoro so you will not have the sensitivity that you will get from a 100% fluoro. What you will get is reduced stretch, higher knot strength and a MUCH higher impact resistance as well as greater abrasion resistance. I also feel that the sensitivity is very good for a copolymer line. I believe both the FHP and FH are coated/treated so that they will not absorb water. This allows the lines to last much longer on the spool than most coplymer lines. This is similar to how Sunline Defier works in that by not absorbing water and being UV resistant, the lines maintain their flexibility, abrasion resistance and other characteristics a lot longer than normal copolymer/mono lines which do absorb water and are damaged by UV rays. The FHP is similar to defier but cheaper in my opinion.

I prefer the fluorohybrid pro for flipping/pitching at close range when I will be setting HARD. It also a good square bill line in heavy cover or spinnerbait line in heavy cover. I like fluorocarbon for more long distance casting presentations and deeper reaction baits.

I know I heard somewhere or read it somewhere that LFT has a 100% fluoro and fluoro braid coming out sometime. I just wish I knew more about when. If they are as high quality as the FHP, I could switch totally to their lines. Right now, I am Seaguar and Suffix user for fluoro and braid.