copolymer line?

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
ecu daniel 14
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

copolymer line?

Post by ecu daniel 14 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:21 pm

I was just curious as to what copolymer is supposed to be used for...I know mono is generally an all purpose line, fluorocarbon is light finesse/bottom bouncing line, and braid is for frogs/topwater/flippin and pitchin...I have never used co-poly and am sorta interested in it...this may sound like a stupid question, but I have always used mono for everything and I am looking into other options.
stress-what happens between fishing trips

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: copolymer line?

Post by Tokugawa » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:43 pm

I use copoly primarily for cranking. I have used it for drop-shotting before, but I like FC better. For moving baits like cranks and spinnerbaits, copoly is excellent!

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: copolymer line?

Post by slipperybob » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:35 pm

Copolymer line, you'd be looking at the actual characteristic of the line that you want that's a little bit different from your standard monofilament monomer line. You might be looking for a more supple line, more abrasion resistant line, or even a more stiff line. For example something like Pline CX is a copolymer line with a flourocarbon coating.
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish