Seaguar Tatsu question

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Seaguar Tatsu question

Post by njbasscat » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:59 pm

How does this line compare to Toray Superhard Upgrade or Sunline Shooter? Is it as sensative ? How does it handle?

Craiger12
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Seaguar Tatsu question

Post by Craiger12 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:46 pm

I'm very interested in responses to this thread, especially regarding Toray Superhard. I just picked up a spool of 16# to try out this season.

SPAZ
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by SPAZ » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:57 am

Best line IMO. I haven't used shooter in a long time but I was taking turns between Tatsu and Super hard. Both are GREAT lines and very abrasion resistant. The lines are very similar but I think the Tatsu is a little more supple. I had a great day on the water last year where I caught at least 10 fish that were 3lb up to 5.8lb. I was using 15 lbTatsu and I was yanking up the fish using the line and into to the boat and the line never snapped on me. Yes, it was careless and I don't recommend it but that's how abrasion resistant the line is.

Craiger12
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Craiger12 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:14 pm

What # Superhard were you using? Any knot issues?

Steve Williams
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Steve Williams » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:38 pm

I haven't fished the Toray. I've fished the original formula of shooter and the new stuff. Tatsu is better than both. It has the abrasion restistance and shock strenth of shooter but is much limper/softer. Sensitivty is the same on both since they are high end fluoro, but Tatsu holds bup better to me. I wish they'd put it out in .017 or .019" diameter and it'd be all I bought. One spool would last me a year as it holds up incredibly.

SPAZ
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by SPAZ » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:12 am

Craiger12 wrote:What # Superhard were you using? Any knot issues?
14lb Super Hard and 15lb Tatsiu. I did not have any knot issues while using a palomar knot.

Phippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Phippy » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:10 am

Almost brought home a spool from my local Cabelas. I'm torn between the Tatsu or Sunlines Super FC Sniper in 8lb for my spinning needs. Hoping the Seaguar would be just as soft/supple as the Sniper but with less Stretch. Can anyone compare the two? Thanks