P-line Voltage?

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
BB144
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

P-line Voltage?

Post by BB144 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:14 am

Since my thread was lost before I got any answers (or got to read them anyways), here we go...

I'm looking for a line for small swimbaits (6" max) and big topwaters. I was going to go with 17lb P-line CXX since it's relatively inexpensive. Then I saw the Voltage and wondered if anyone had used this yet. Any comparisons to CXX or even Floroclear?

Thanks
cabinfeverlures.webs.com
fb.com/CabinFeverLures

bh54lf
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: P-line Voltage?

Post by bh54lf » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:36 am

i havent tried voltage yet but cxx is a tried and proven line.

i didnt get the sense from your post if you had tried it or not but its a great general purpose line and very affordable

Bassboss
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Bassboss » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:16 am

17lb is way to big for CXX, go with 12 or 15. Any heavier and you're not gonna like it.

lpquick
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by lpquick » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:22 pm

I love P-Line CXX and use it today in my bait casters (12lb High Vis Flour Green) with either P-Line Fluorocarbon (20lb or Seaguar Inviz X (20lb) as a leader. On my spinning reel I only use Suffix Elite (12lb) it's real good. Speaking of fluorocarbon has anyone tried Seaguar Tatsu? I think it's the most expensive line on the planet right now which makes me want to try it and compare to see what I am missing. :D
Rods & Reels Excite me!

e_bassfisher
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by e_bassfisher » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:35 pm

i really like the voltage. the diameter is slightly smaller than cxx, but strength and stretch seem to be about the same. it is a little stiff like cxx, but casts very well for me.

Mossy Oak
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Mossy Oak » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:28 pm

lpquick wrote:I love P-Line CXX and use it today in my bait casters (12lb High Vis Flour Green) with either P-Line Fluorocarbon (20lb or Seaguar Inviz X (20lb) as a leader. On my spinning reel I only use Suffix Elite (12lb) it's real good. Speaking of fluorocarbon has anyone tried Seaguar Tatsu? I think it's the most expensive line on the planet right now which makes me want to try it and compare to see what I am missing. :D
Megabass dragoncall braid is even more expensive :oops: http://www.japantackle.com/Lines/Megaba ... 8Braid.htm