Red Zillion SV TW 1000.

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Red Zillion SV TW 1000.

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:20 pm

SSS wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:12 am
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:43 am
SSS wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:47 pm
LowRange wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:38 am
SSS wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:17 pm
What kind of a sane person uses a quality carbon handle with that kind of nut retainers? :laugh1:
It looks like one of those cheap chinease handles that sort of look like an RCS carbon. Still the plastic nut retainer is dumb. I bet Daiwa got a lot of negative feedback from the US about the colored nut retainers and that pushed then to just use plastic retainers on their non enthusiast reels.
I know exactly what chinese carbon handle you're referring to, i have three, and they are not it. This is the proper RCS handles without RCS 90 written on them. Same as the PX68 Alphas Type R and air stream custom handles.
The usdm zillion type r had the same 90mm handle as this red zillion.
The px68 and air stream custom handles were 80mm.
Yea i know. Just referring to the build quality. It might look similar to a certain chinese handle, but when you have em side by side, there's a big difference.
Agreed, I've bought a few different aliexpress handles. They are not the same quality as the Daiwa carbon fiber handles.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Just_Bass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Just_Bass » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:41 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:47 am
Just_Bass wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:36 pm
Really hard to tell from the picture if mismatched hood on this one. I wonder where can we just get just the parts. Last time I have a friend contact Daiwa Malaysia with no success. May be red hood would look better on HD instead of flat black?
This 'red' zillion is actually burgundy. Not sure that would look good on your HD with those bright red anodized parts.
I’m not sure if it is really burgundy color. Is your salamandura air burgundy or red? On some image the red look the same. Why Daiwa use skeleton knob on these reels? The reason I didn’t get salamandura air because I have too many shallow spools for all Daiwas and I don’t like skeleton knob.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:01 am

Just_Bass wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:41 pm
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:47 am
Just_Bass wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:36 pm
Really hard to tell from the picture if mismatched hood on this one. I wonder where can we just get just the parts. Last time I have a friend contact Daiwa Malaysia with no success. May be red hood would look better on HD instead of flat black?
This 'red' zillion is actually burgundy. Not sure that would look good on your HD with those bright red anodized parts.
I’m not sure if it is really burgundy color. Is your salamandura air burgundy or red? On some image the red look the same. Why Daiwa use skeleton knob on these reels? The reason I didn’t get salamandura air because I have too many shallow spools for all Daiwas and I don’t like skeleton knob.
Its definitely burgundy, but it does have a ton of ultra fine metalflake. Im pretty much neutral on the skeleton knobs. Ill use them if they are there. I neither like nor dislike them.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.