New Tatula is $100

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

New Tatula is $100

Post by LowRange » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:50 am

I wouldn't be interested but that spool looks a lot like the Elite Long Cast spool. That spool is just a standard Tatula inductor and spring fitted to a light weight G1 Duralumin spool and that apparently makes all the difference transforming it into an effortless caster and offering excellent control including skipping. If this new spool is anything like that then this new tat will be a winner with its hyperdrive gears, aluminum side plate and Zillion like plastic top cover.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: New Tatula is $100

Post by SSS » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:12 pm

$100 is a good price for a Tat. Anything over $119.99 is a no thanks from me, and this goes to all Tats made.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:55 am

LowRange wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:50 am
I wouldn't be interested but that spool looks a lot like the Elite Long Cast spool. That spool is just a standard Tatula inductor and spring fitted to a light weight G1 Duralumin spool and that apparently makes all the difference transforming it into an effortless caster and offering excellent control including skipping. If this new spool is anything like that then this new tat will be a winner with its hyperdrive gears, aluminum side plate and Zillion like plastic top cover.
It will be lighter than even the tatula elite spool, since its 32mm instead of 34mm. However, it might be a pass for me, specifically because of that plastic top piece.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:11 am

What's the issue with the plastic top piece? If its made like the Zillion, the metal frame will be underneath it. All that plastic piece does is help you in cold weather.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:43 pm

SSS wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:11 am
What's the issue with the plastic top piece? If its made like the Zillion, the metal frame will be underneath it. All that plastic piece does is help you in cold weather.
I had one on a zillion crack just putting the reel back together. I was able to repair it, but it should have never broken like it did. The reel was never dropped or bumped. It looked brand new, and still does. It kind of turned me off the Zillion altogether. Fwiw, I do still own 2 of them, though.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:36 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:43 pm
I had one on a zillion crack just putting the reel back together. I was able to repair it, but it should have never broken like it did.
I have had to force the plastic hoods off the Curado K and the Tranx 200's - not only are they screwed to the frame they're also hot glued and they take a "LOT" of force to separate, never cracked one...

Not sure if the Zillion is glued?

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:47 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
SSS wrote:
I had one on a zillion crack just putting the reel back together. I was able to repair it, but it should have never broken like it did. The reel was never dropped or bumped. It looked brand new, and still does. It kind of turned me off the Zillion altogether. Fwiw, I do still own 2 of them, though.
Now i am obviously not saying that it didn't happen, but logically, this is not something that can happen. If it wasn't bumped, there must've been a flaw, because the plastic top is thick, and i am pretty sure its zion, which ain't fragile at all. I don't think you should be worried about something like this. If it was a known issue, we'd know about it, and you're literally the first person i hear of this, and i've seen and read a metric ton of stuff about what i consider to be the best all around reel on the market.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:59 pm

SSS wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:47 am
hoohoorjoo wrote:
SSS wrote:
Now i am obviously not saying that it didn't happen, but logically, this is not something that can happen. If it wasn't bumped, there must've been a flaw, because the plastic top is thick, and i am pretty sure its zion, which ain't fragile at all. I don't think you should be worried about something like this. If it was a known issue, we'd know about it, and you're literally the first person i hear of this, and i've seen and read a metric ton of stuff about what i consider to be the best all around reel on the market.
I agree, its among the best out. Thats why I own 2. It was the little thru-hole where the screw goes. It may have been cracked from the factory, because I noticed it right after removing the screw. My point is, with a plastic piece, there is always the risk of this. But for a budget reel, the new Tat 100 is likely still worth it.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:16 am

Did the '19 model look too similar to the more expensive models? The 'nose job' andTatula branding all over the reel cheaoen the appearance, but it is definitely a steal.

montey
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by montey » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:24 am

SSS wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:12 pm
$100 is a good price for a Tat. Anything over $119.99 is a no thanks from me, and this goes to all Tats made.
I hope you don't go out in the rain, you might drown holding your nose so high in the air. :lol:

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:22 pm

Handled one at the expo. It is more compact than the '19 model, and has the hyper drive butter feel. It's a keeper for me...especially considering with a spool from Ali-X, it would probably hang with nearly anything. I'm excited about today's reel market. \:D/

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:17 pm

How does the dial placement feel? Does it rub your finger or have any weird edges you can feel?

joekaz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by joekaz » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:25 pm

i_am_R2 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:17 pm
How does the dial placement feel? Does it rub your finger or have any weird edges you can feel?
It depends on how you grip your rod and reel. If you have three fingers in front of the rod trigger like me, you will probably feel the mag dial. If you have two fingers in front of the trigger. you might be clear of the dial. None of the Tatula's have worked for me.

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:21 pm

joekaz wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:25 pm
i_am_R2 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:17 pm
It depends on how you grip your rod and reel. If you have three fingers in front of the rod trigger like me, you will probably feel the mag dial. If you have two fingers in front of the trigger. you might be clear of the dial. None of the Tatula's have worked for me.
Got it, that's sorta what I was thinking when I saw it. Thanks!

DrTrevorkian
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by DrTrevorkian » Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:45 pm

What are the odds this new 100 TW reel would accept the 32mm SV spool?