Reel Repair

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
craigrbns
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Reel Repair

Post by craigrbns » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:16 am

All,

It's been years since I've been on the forum, but I found a good reason to come back. Can anyone recommend someone to send a few reels in to for repair. I used Nitroman and DR many years ago. Specifically I have a Calcutta Conquest 100 and a Daiwa T3SV8 that need some attention. I sent them to a buddy for cleaning. They're now super clean but not functioning properly. Thanks in advance! - Craig

craigrbns
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Reel Repair

Post by craigrbns » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:18 am

Just realized I should have placed this in the maintenance section. Sorry! Ill get back up to speed here soon.

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:27 am

What is exactly wrong with T3 SV reel?
I just cleaned mine recently to the point I totally disassembled it.

craigrbns
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by craigrbns » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:32 am

I think I found my repair guy. Ill see if I get a response.

The SV8 just needs a few bearings replaced. It casts fine, but isnt smooth on the retrieve. My buddy cleaned it, but obviously didn't replace the gritty bearings. I fish saltwater a lot. The Calcutta didnt seem to get put back together properly.

I use to clean my reels myself, but time and my patience is scarce these days.