2023 Exsence XR

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

2023 Exsence XR

Post by dragon1 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:03 pm

Does anyone have any experience with any of the reels in this line-up? I am considering the C3000MHG or 3000M for my BLX 6'10" ML Limber.

I am also really curious as to the spool and whether it has a titanium or other hard metal lip to help with ease of line passing over it.

TIA
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

dennis_rf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: 2023 Exsence XR

Post by dennis_rf » Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:43 pm

I’ve got the C3000M on a ‘23 ML Silverado. Looks just like my 2500 Vanford if you’d turn it greyscale and also feels like it. It’s the same frame, rotor and so on. Haven’t opened them up but according to the websites feature list, the only difference is in the drag. The schematics look pretty much the same too. Haven’t put many hours on either but so far I like it.

silverado-1.jpeg
silverado-1.jpeg (64.72 KiB) Viewed 1050 times
Had to swap the handle as I constantly grab air, coming from 8 years baitcast only… also didn’t like the T knob.

As to the spool / lip - seems pretty much like one piece to me, so just polishing before anodizing to achieve a glossy finish.

IMG_8259.jpeg
IMG_8259.jpeg (47.39 KiB) Viewed 1050 times

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:02 am

Thanks Dennis,

Much appreciated...doesn't look like it's a truly worthy upgrade over a Vanford, especially since the Exsence XR is still going for about $240.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

dennis_rf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dennis_rf » Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:37 am

yeah they found a way to generate revenue by offering a sexier looking twin. And I was totally down for that :D
At least in freshwater fishing. Maybe the extra bearing on the spool does something noteworthy for saltwater applications… no clue

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:56 pm

dennis_rf wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:37 am
yeah they found a way to generate revenue by offering a sexier looking twin. And I was totally down for that :D
At least in freshwater fishing. Maybe the extra bearing on the spool does something noteworthy for saltwater applications… no clue
Haha, yeah man, lots of us men-folk always be down for a "sexier looking twin"...lol. That's as good a reason as any, I suppose for us gearheads. Also, funny story with you "rotating air", with the factory single handle. :lol: