Exsence BB

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Bass raider
Angler
Angler

Exsence BB

Post by Bass raider » Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:57 pm

Recently started checking this spinner out. Anyone have experience/knowledge of this particular reel? Why is there such a difference in price between it and the regular Exsence? What does the BB mean? Shimano Japan says it has a Hagane body, does that mean it has an aluminum body/stem? Not super familiar with Shimano spinning reels; especially JDM ones. I’m more of a Daiwa guy these days, but this Exsence has really piqued my interest. Thanks for any and all info!

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Re: Exsence BB

Post by Bantam1 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:49 am

BB means Brood Brother. It's a cost down version of the regular Exsence. It has an XT-7 material body vs. Magnesium for the regular Exsence. That is the most basic explanation I can give you.

The concept was similar performance at a lower cost due to the material difference for the body. XT-7 is a composite material that is graphite based. It is a step below our CI4 carbon based material.

Bass raider
Angler
Angler

Post by Bass raider » Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:03 am

Bantam1 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:49 am
BB means Brood Brother. It's a cost down version of the regular Exsence. It has an XT-7 material body vs. Magnesium for the regular Exsence. That is the most basic explanation I can give you.

The concept was similar performance at a lower cost due to the material difference for the body. XT-7 is a composite material that is graphite based. It is a step below our CI4 carbon based material.
Awesome, thank you so much for the information! You answered every question I had!

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:43 pm

I've got the Excsence 3000 BB (20EXSBB3000MHG), great reel for the price paid, good crossover features from a varied amount of reels.