Brand Loyalty?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
MK49
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Brand Loyalty?

Post by MK49 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:55 pm

Oktayne the Red wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:08 am
It's more brand "trust" for me, and over the years the list of brands I trust has grown and a couple have fallen off the list. Lost faith in modern Penn and Ambassadors mostly. I still have, use, and love some older stuff from both of them though. I've also picked up Quantum and Okuma spinners that are cool.
Yeah, I guess it's "trust". As I said in the first post, I've been using Daiwa baitcaster for over 40yrs, and I do feel safe to buy Daiwa reels. I have a few Daiwa reels that didn't meet my expectation, but that's less than 10% of Daiwa that I've bought.

rubs96
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Brand Loyalty?

Post by rubs96 » Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:10 pm

I used to think I had to be :doh: I tried to keep all my rods a certain brand and all my reels the same brand and got rid of anything that didn’t fit those groups. I grew out of that once I started working at a tackle shop.

My favourite reel of all time is my Abu Garcia Eon. I love the look of the Ardent XS1000 and used to dream of owing one and now own three. Used one and the C400 just the other day :big grin:

I have a bit of everything now: rods from Abu PLX to NRX, and reels from Shimano Sienna to Stella. I like to try a bit of everything now.