Curado M

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Curado M

Post by johnD » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:02 am

What a let down.I can not believe they stuck with that k style thumb bar on the new m. Does a straight thumb bar make too much since ? And, the cast control knob looks hideous. So, another 5 or 6 years of a ugly Curado 200, it is...This is just my opinion.Tight lines.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Curado M

Post by SSS » Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:28 am

Shimano is on an ugly reels spree as of late. And was it so hard to have a glossy green paint like the E? Why it is matte? It looks so bad.

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by godshippy » Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:43 am

Thumb bar doesn't bother to me at all--I have a torn ligament in my casting thumb; so this actually makes it easier for me. I had to retire my E series because it was too hard to press and my thumb/hand would be aching bad after a day of fishing.

I agree with you on the color--I don't know what it is with all these flat or matte color schemes--why can't we go back to the green??

Hulkster
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hulkster » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:46 am

ya thats the thumb bar that fell apart on everyone when the K first came out.

I thought that since they changed it for the Curado 150 mgl and the Tranx 150 it was gone forever.

instead they bring it back ugh.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:13 pm

Hulkster wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:46 am

I thought that since they changed it for the Curado 150 mgl and the Tranx 150 it was gone forever.

I read from Dan or Bantam1 that this updated thumbar has been remedied of the previous issues...looks the same but completely different manufacturing process.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

joekaz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by joekaz » Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:37 pm

The reason why I don't own a Curado 201K is because of the thumb bar. When I pushed down on the thumb bar the sharp edge on the palm side of the frame would scrape the side of my thumb. The SLX reels do the same thing. Hopefully the M does not do this. The only reels I use now are the Curado 201i and the Curado and Scorpion 71. Everything is rounded and smooth around the thumb bar. The brand new Tatula 100 looks like one of the most uncomfortable reels on the market now with the crazy looking thumb rest area and always present protruding mag dial.
Last edited by joekaz on Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:40 pm

Is the M sporting the same frame design as the K with the 2 piece composite hood?

I think it looks ok, but keep in mind they design in stages to keep options open for next models.

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:53 pm

dragon1 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:13 pm
Hulkster wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:46 am

I read from Dan or Bantam1 that this updated thumbar has been remedied of the previous issues...looks the same but completely different manufacturing process.
If Dan says it's updated to keep from falling apart, I take his word for it.The look is just not there for me. Shimano 150 mgl is the better looking reel out of the two.