Daiwa Zillion G casting vs. Steez SV TW

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
cumara
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Daiwa Zillion G casting vs. Steez SV TW

Post by cumara » Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:09 am

Hello, can anyone please comment on how the Zillion G casting performance compares to the Steez SV TW? Does the Zillion cast as far with minimal effort? Thanks!

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Daiwa Zillion G casting vs. Steez SV TW

Post by LowRange » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:20 am

You get both and put the Boost spool in the Steez.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:30 am

LowRange wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:20 am
You get both and put the Boost spool in the Steez.
Haha...and wear dat TT tackle monkey 🐒 backpack with great pride!
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:39 am

cumara wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:09 am
Hello, can anyone please comment on how the Zillion G casting performance compares to the Steez SV TW? Does the Zillion cast as far with minimal effort? Thanks!
The Steez is going to allow greater versatility from my experience. With the appropriate rod, I can easily cast 1/8 oz plus small plastic. The Zillion seemed to perform best around 5/16 oz and up. Overall, the Steez braking profile may be a bit more restricted, but the Zillion can become just a slight touch wild in comparison if you're not paying close attention. The Steez seemed slightly more cons as well, especially in the wind. This was just my experience with both reels in stock form.

DirtydeucegooseUSMC
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by DirtydeucegooseUSMC » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:40 am

The best comparison I can make is a tank and a fighter jet. The zillion is a straight workhorse that casts very well and the steez is sleeker and more precise. Not the zillion isn't comfortable and accurate, but if you hold and use both, you'll understand. Also, the 21 steez ltd has the boost spool, just sayin!

If I'm just trying to bomb casts, I'm using the zillion, if I'm trying to do something intentionally, the steez gets the nod.