Stella Handle

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
BasserJim
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Stella Handle

Post by BasserJim » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:10 pm

So this is a first for me…. Did some tackle prep last night, loaded the boat, drove 2 hours to Lake Erie this morning, and when I get here, one of my Stella’s is missing a handle…. Uh, what?

it’s an FE series in the 3000 size with the paddle handle.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of where I might be able to buy a replacement? Will I have to order from shimano? Are they available elsewhere? Can anyone give me an idea of what this might cost?

Going to open the bilge and make sure it didn’t slide in there and check aroun me the house and driveway when I get home from my trip before I order, but I’m leaving for another trip next Friday so if I can’t find the original one I’m hoping to source a replacement quickly
-------------------

ProStaff - S.H. Fishin Sticks

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Stella Handle

Post by City17Banner » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:44 am

BasserJim wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:10 pm
So this is a first for me…. Did some tackle prep last night, loaded the boat, drove 2 hours to Lake Erie this morning, and when I get here, one of my Stella’s is missing a handle…. Uh, what?

it’s an FE series in the 3000 size with the paddle handle.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of where I might be able to buy a replacement? Will I have to order from shimano? Are they available elsewhere? Can anyone give me an idea of what this might cost?

Going to open the bilge and make sure it didn’t slide in there and check aroun me the house and driveway when I get home from my trip before I order, but I’m leaving for another trip next Friday so if I can’t find the original one I’m hoping to source a replacement quickly
Yes, that is terrible as Shimano is not giving away Stella handle assemblies and ultimately, all Stella parts come from Shimano but you can usually buy them from an authorized service center or online. The last two times I lost a handle for my Stella 3000 FE model (STL-3000E) spinning reel I used Plat.co.jp but they took almost a month to get me the part, the second time I used ereplacementparts.com and they took about 14-business days and both places charged me ~$85 for the new Stella handle assembly.

Your other option might be to contact Dan @ ReelEx, he might have a Stella FE handle assembly in stock he can drop ship to you. Dan can be reached at: 650-454-4938 and is beyond reproach in my experience.

Good luck on getting a new replacement handle assembly for your Stella FE sir!

Please have a great day!

Here's the link to the ereplacementparts.com site: https://www.ereplacementparts.com/handl ... 43482.html
2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS

BasserJim
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by BasserJim » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:05 am

Thanks for the help citybanner.

After I made it home from my weekend on the big pond last night, I got out my good flashlight and went to searching. It was in the grass next to the driveway. I had loosened it to get the reel to be a little smaller profile to fit in the rod locker better and must have loosened it a bit too far and I just didnt notice it was missing when putting it in the boat. Crisis averted!!!
-------------------

ProStaff - S.H. Fishin Sticks

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:48 pm

BasserJim wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:05 am
Thanks for the help citybanner.

After I made it home from my weekend on the big pond last night, I got out my good flashlight and went to searching. It was in the grass next to the driveway. I had loosened it to get the reel to be a little smaller profile to fit in the rod locker better and must have loosened it a bit too far and I just didnt notice it was missing when putting it in the boat. Crisis averted!!!
You dodged a bullet there sir! =D>

I do the same thing to help fit extra rods in my rod lockers as well, but I take the handles entirely off and leave them in the bottom of my rod locker to avoid this type of issue from occurring.
2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by slipperybob » Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:38 pm

Holy! That is sometimes I wish there was a bit more threading on the handle shaft.
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish