Daiwa service department

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Bbrotz
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Daiwa service department

Post by Bbrotz » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:12 pm

I’m wondering if anyone has experience with getting reels serviced by Daiwa’s service department. What was your experience like and how was the turn around time?

I have gotten my reels serviced by the tackle trap and had a great experience. However I get too worried about shipping all my high end reels through the mail, as I have a considerable amount of money into them. Daiwas service department is only an hour away from me. I’m sure they do top notch work but I would like to hear others experiences.

Also does anyone know if shimanos service department would service a jdm Exsence spinning reel? Thanks for the help

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Daiwa service department

Post by Obz » Tue May 10, 2022 1:23 pm

Bbrotz wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:12 pm
I’m wondering if anyone has experience with getting reels serviced by Daiwa’s service department. What was your experience like and how was the turn around time?

I have gotten my reels serviced by the tackle trap and had a great experience. However I get too worried about shipping all my high end reels through the mail, as I have a considerable amount of money into them. Daiwas service department is only an hour away from me. I’m sure they do top notch work but I would like to hear others experiences.

Also does anyone know if shimanos service department would service a jdm Exsence spinning reel? Thanks for the help
I sent back a sv103xs, zillion platform for a gear issue they fixed the gears for like $40ish with shipping. They broke my sv ramp and dented my spool. I didn't inspect reel within their 60 day warranty so They said there was nothing they could do. You can't buy any 'spool parts' from daiwa you have to buy the whole spool kit. I found an aftermarket sv ramp but while attempting to put inductor back on the spring went flying. So now I'm buying a whole new spool because I couldn't find an inductor spring online anywhere. Lol. Not thrilled with Daiwa.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Wed May 11, 2022 12:12 am

Obz wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 1:23 pm
Bbrotz wrote:

I sent back a sv103xs, zillion platform for a gear issue they fixed the gears for like $40ish with shipping. They broke my sv ramp and dented my spool. I didn't inspect reel within their 60 day warranty so They said there was nothing they could do. You can't buy any 'spool parts' from daiwa you have to buy the whole spool kit. I found an aftermarket sv ramp but while attempting to put inductor back on the spring went flying. So now I'm buying a whole new spool because I couldn't find an inductor spring online anywhere. Lol. Not thrilled with Daiwa.
You can buy springs and such from PLAT. Its like $1.
https://www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/par ... cts_id=199

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Obz » Wed May 11, 2022 4:00 am

SSS wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 12:12 am
Obz wrote:
Bbrotz wrote:

I found an hlc spring for $4 bucks but the Japanese site wanted 26.00 for shipping.

Thanks man! I'll check it out

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Wed May 11, 2022 6:31 am

Obz wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 4:00 am
SSS wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 12:12 am
Obz wrote:
Bbrotz wrote:

I found an hlc spring for $4 bucks but the Japanese site wanted 26.00 for shipping.

Thanks man! I'll check it out
Yea, i don't know how it is if you're in the US, but shipping to Canada can only be through DHL (this began with covid). Normally, the cheapest shipping cost is like $7.