Please Help

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Please Help

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:01 am

I just recieved my Conquest HG from JLS and it is the wrong reel. They sent me the old 6.8 with red brake tabs. I am absolutely furious right now. What do I do? Did I just lose $400? I plan on filing suit with PayPal immediately. Makes me sick. My invoice is clear as day for the 2021 7.4 right hand HG.

Please help if anyone has experienced this and knows what to do...

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Please Help

Post by LowRange » Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:51 am

I would just email the shop and begin the return process. Have heard nothing but good things about JLS.

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:53 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:01 am
I just recieved my Conquest HG from JLS and it is the wrong reel. They sent me the old 6.8 with red brake tabs. I am absolutely furious right now. What do I do? Did I just lose $400? I plan on filing suit with PayPal immediately. Makes me sick. My invoice is clear as day for the 2021 7.4 right hand HG.

I'll ask the obvious - have you contacted JLS?

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:17 pm

LowRange wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:51 am
I would just email the shop and begin the return process. Have heard nothing but good things about JLS.
Yeah I emailed them. No answer yet. I have ONLY heard positives about them, even sent me a jerkbait as a thank you. Just upset me because I am scared now it will take forever to get this reel or it will be out of stock by the time they fix it. I didn't mean to over react, just the package disappeared on tracking, gave all kinds of weird changes, then this happened. I knew something was wrong right when I saw the extra red brake tabs. Hopefully they will do me right, I already contacted PayPal in preparation of it going wrong.
reason162 wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:53 am
DirtyD64 wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:01 am

I'll ask the obvious - have you contacted JLS?

iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by iabass8 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:49 pm

I wouldn't over react and start a Paypal claim yet....JLS is a great vendor but accidents do happen. Just be mindful of the time difference. Your correspondence won't happen until early/mid evening. Email them your order #, issue, and they'll fix it.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:33 pm

iabass8 wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:49 pm
I wouldn't over react and start a Paypal claim yet....JLS is a great vendor but accidents do happen. Just be mindful of the time difference. Your correspondence won't happen until early/mid evening. Email them your order #, issue, and they'll fix it.
I hope so. Trying to stay calm. Just kinda odd I receive a 2015 reel that isn't even listed. I understand accidents happen too, but this one is a bit... Again, I will be calm and understanding, but I feel like someone tried to pull a fast one on me. The reels ARE very similar, someone untrained would have never known. Going to upload and save pictures along with screen shots of my invoice for proof just in case.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:42 pm

I bought a $700 gaming laptop from Walmart and there was junk inside the box. Someone had opened it and put random walmart items including an old PC disk drive in it. I went to return it and they said they don't do returns on laptops and called the police on me. True story. Someone probably returned the reel but switched it with a a used reel or something like that. Hopefully you get your money back. I never did.

4g63power
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 4g63power » Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:50 pm

Man I'm sorry this happened, give them a couple of days to respond. They will take care of it, JLS is a good vendor. Also seeing the way you are over reacting, may be buying stuff from overseas vendors isn't for you.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:45 pm

4g63power wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:50 pm
Man I'm sorry this happened, give them a couple of days to respond. They will take care of it, JLS is a good vendor. Also seeing the way you are over reacting, may be buying stuff from overseas vendors isn't for you.
Not really, Digitaka hasn't ever done anything like this. I did get mad, but I have to save forever to enjoy these reels. I ruined my life in college from mistakes and now I am very anxious and do get upset over things others may not. I am working on it though and trying my best to fix it. Losing $400 would hurt me much more than others. Yes I would still live and still have a better life than 99% of Earth, just got a bit frustrated this time. I don't want to give up on all overseas vendors or even this one from a potential mistake.
LowRange wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:42 pm
I bought a $700 gaming laptop from Walmart and there was junk inside the box. Someone had opened it and put random walmart items including an old PC disk drive in it. I went to return it and they said they don't do returns on laptops and called the police on me. True story. Someone probably returned the reel but switched it with a a used reel or something like that. Hopefully you get your money back. I never did.
This reel is brand new. Smooth as butter. Just the previous model (2015 instead of 2021). To be fair I assume they had old stock and the box LITERALLY says 100HG just like the new one. It seems my situation is far better than yours, at least there is a new, functioning reel in this one. One cool thing on a more positive note, I am amazed at how small the 2015 version is, makes me want to own and use the 2021 MGL version even more now! No answer from them still, but I feel more confident because PayPal told me they were glad to help.

SteveSchmelzle
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SteveSchmelzle » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:55 pm

you didn't overreact, and I hope you get your issue sorted out.
1-2%

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:04 pm

SteveSchmelzle wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:55 pm
you didn't overreact, and I hope you get your issue sorted out.
Thanks. I assume they will help. The box, papers, Bantam oil, brake tabs, reel cover, etc. EVERYTHING is there. Not a finger print on the reel. Just the previous model. Logic tells you any dealer that writes "thank you very much" on the box and sends a +$20 jerkbait will normally make it right. I will just have to return it, wait for a while, and hopefully get the correct one next time.

Dman
Angler
Angler

Post by Dman » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:20 pm

JLN is a reputable vender! I ordered a 2020 Metanium MGL about a year ago. When I received the reel there was something wrong with it! I sent the reel back. JLN sent me a brand new Metanium as a replacement! About two weeks after receiving the new reel JLN sent me an email notifying me that the defective reel was repaired and being sent back to me! I informed JLN by email that they had already sent me a replacement reel! They still sent me the repaired reel! Basically, I got two reels for the price of one! They will rectify the problem! I have done business with them on multiple occasions and they are outstanding! Just be patient!

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:40 am

Dman wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:20 pm
JLN is a reputable vender! I ordered a 2020 Metanium MGL about a year ago. When I received the reel there was something wrong with it! I sent the reel back. JLN sent me a brand new Metanium as a replacement! About two weeks after receiving the new reel JLN sent me an email notifying me that the defective reel was repaired and being sent back to me! I informed JLN by email that they had already sent me a replacement reel! They still sent me the repaired reel! Basically, I got two reels for the price of one! They will rectify the problem! I have done business with them on multiple occasions and they are outstanding! Just be patient!
That is pretty good service. I still think it had to be a mistaken box identity. When you look at the boxes, they are identical almost, but one says Infinity Drive and MGL very small on it. I bet anything they were just together in the warehouse and it got sacked up. I just hope the 2021 100HG isn't gone by the time this is all solved. Looking at the older one I currently have, the line guide does seem very loose. Is that a normal occurrence? Still really amazed at the size of even the 2015/14 version they sent. It is such a small reel. I guess I assumed it would be closer to old Abu Ambassadeur sizes, only round reels I have EVER had contact with are my father's old junkers.

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:59 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:40 am
Dman wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:20 pm
That is pretty good service. I still think it had to be a mistaken box identity. When you look at the boxes, they are identical almost, but one says Infinity Drive and MGL very small on it. I bet anything they were just together in the warehouse and it got sacked up. I just hope the 2021 100HG isn't gone by the time this is all solved. Looking at the older one I currently have, the line guide does seem very loose. Is that a normal occurrence? Still really amazed at the size of even the 2015/14 version they sent. It is such a small reel. I guess I assumed it would be closer to old Abu Ambassadeur sizes, only round reels I have EVER had contact with are my father's old junkers.
I'm sorry you had an issue with your Calcutta Conquest 100HG DirtyD64 and I know it's causing you a great deal of frustration and anxiety. I can tell you that I've done business with JLS since 2009 and on the rare occasion (once) there was a stocking error such as what you are experiencing, they made it good and everything was resolved successfully. It is one of the pitfalls of doing online business with foreign shops in Japan, Australia, or Europe and for some these potential challenges keep them from embarking on the journey to discover fantastic fishing tackle such as the 2021 Conquest 100HG. Rest assured that once your email is opened by Komatsu and the good folks at JLS there will be a positive resolution to your current situation.

The other consideration to keep in mind is that the JLS folks are 14-hours ahead of US Central Time (where I am at) so it's already Saturday their time and although there is a myth that all Japanese work insane hours, this is truly a myth and only "salarymen" those who are on salary to major Japanese corporations actually work more than a regular 40-hour work week and Japan actually has more national holidays than the US does each year.

In addition, I will share with you my story which is almost the same as what Dman experienced. Many years ago, my first rod order with Komatsu and the good folks at JLS was for the Deps Sidewinder Rude Viper which is a MH spinning rod I wanted as a birthday present for my longtime fishing buddy who only uses spinning gear (go figure). At the time, I had only ever ordered reels and freshwater lures from JLS and did not understand as much as I should have understood about the rod either since the Internet before the rise of Google Translate was not very forthcoming in providing concise information about this rod or anything else using Japanese Kanji.

Long story short, the Rude Viper rod arrived along with the new 4000 size Stella FA spinning reel and even though it was meant to be a birthday gift for my fishing buddy, I decided I needed to open the rod tube to "ensure" the rod was in good shape after coming from Japan. The rod came in a beautiful neoprene rod sleeve with custom printed graphics and as I opened the rod sleeve two different parts of the rod came out of the rod sleeve. I was aghast in horror as I was under the mistaken impression that the rod had been broken in transport by EMS (Japan Post). Of course, I was angry and frustrated and wrote a scathing email to JLS and it took them several days to respond because, you guessed it, I received the rod and reel on a Friday afternoon.

Once they did respond they offered to send me a new rod and I could send the "broken" rod back to them with the pre-paid postage sticker that they would include in the new rod tube. I accepted the offer and a few days the same thing happened again; the new rod had also came "broken" in two pieces. I sent another flaming email and Komatsu kindly replied and was immensely helpful in explaining that this particular Deps spinning rod even though it was only 6'8" long came as a two-piece rod with a spigot ferrule and that feature was meant for easy breakdown of the rod for storage to and from the bankside fishing area. After getting over my moment of shame and inexperience, I offered to send one of the rods back using the pre-paid postage sticker and Komatsu just told me to keep it.

After all these years my fishing buddy still uses both Deps rods for all his spinnerbait and Jackhammer fishing and I found that despite my inexperience in buying JDM fishing tackle, JLS was, indeed, not trying to take advantage of me and steal my hard-earned money. I hope your situation is resolved to your satisfaction and you get the new 2021 Conquest 100HG you are seeking. Please have a great day!
2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:35 pm

Yeah he has already answered, very kind person. I told them I will cooperate and do whatever I can to help. He seemed to be able to find the mistake on their end, told me they sent it wrong. Said he would mail the correct reel the 12th or 15th. I will do them right and send a very positive review and email to thank them if/once this all settles.