Please Help

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 6231
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Re: Please Help

Post by goldrod » Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:34 pm

Seems like it’s resolved and they admitted and accepted responsibility
That to me makes them 20 out of 10 in customer service.
Although no one wants to experience this , it’s good to know that when something like this does happen and you do your part in notifying the shop they act and don’t make excuses
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3042
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: Please Help

Post by DirtyD64 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:43 pm

goldrod wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:34 pm
Seems like it’s resolved and they admitted and accepted responsibility
That to me makes them 20 out of 10 in customer service.
Although no one wants to experience this , it’s good to know that when something like this does happen and you do your part in notifying the shop they act and don’t make excuses
Yes, assuming all goes well and works out, I want to show them extra thankfulness and write multiple good reviews. You cannot expect everything to go perfect. Just caught me by surprise and I got a little worked up. Again, if something goes wrong again I will just stay chill and move on from there. This just all shocked me, the 2 most expensive reels I have ever purchased, my Steez A and now this Conquest, have had issues. All my other JDM purchases have held up well and arrived smoothly. Wife's Stradic FL takes more abuse than any other reel (only one she uses and on a 7'6"MH) and it's running great. I talk and post a lot on here, but I am actually quite green when it comes to the world of fishing and higher end tackle.

As always, everyone on here has been great. Nice to hear you aren't the only one who's had a strange issue or mix up and stories of resolution make you feel better. Except LowRange's story, that is tough. I hope whoever did that to you rolls their ankle a solid 90 degrees.

RMCatchNrelease
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 810
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:08 am
Location: Denver, CO

Re: Please Help

Post by RMCatchNrelease » Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:00 pm

JLS is as good as it gets. Purchased several reels from them. I had to send a JDM reel in for service and they facilitated the whole thing and even ate some of the cost.

Highly recommend

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3042
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: Please Help

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:13 am

RMCatchNrelease wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:00 pm
JLS is as good as it gets. Purchased several reels from them. I had to send a JDM reel in for service and they facilitated the whole thing and even ate some of the cost.

Highly recommend
That is really cool. Digitaka offered to do that for my Steez A, but I got worried and just had it fixed in the US. The guy messaged me back last night and did request I send the wrong reel in. He said he mailed a label, do I wait for that to get here then repackage? I thought they already came with return labels. Either way, still very friendly and easy to deal with. Just not sure how to return something and what I should expect cost wise...

User avatar
GOOD YEAR 71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 553
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:07 pm
Location: NorCal

Re: Please Help

Post by GOOD YEAR 71 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:11 am

Yes. Simply place it in an appropriate box, safely placed for shipping, same box the replacement arrived in is fine, and bring it with the label to P.O. or shipping outlet or whatever near you. The label is prepaid meaning it costs you nothing. It's on their dime. And for what it's worth I lost count long ago how much I've acquired from JLS. I echo others, it's a good shop.
PEACE

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3042
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: Please Help

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:43 pm

GOOD YEAR 71 wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:11 am
Yes. Simply place it in an appropriate box, safely placed for shipping, same box the replacement arrived in is fine, and bring it with the label to P.O. or shipping outlet or whatever near you. The label is prepaid meaning it costs you nothing. It's on their dime. And for what it's worth I lost count long ago how much I've acquired from JLS. I echo others, it's a good shop.
Yeah that is why I hesitated before I downed them. I thought maybe someone was trying to get over on me, but that was just initial shock. The contact I have made has been very friendly and apologetic. He just confused me because he said he would send a label, but I figured the label that came with the initial package was fine. He also mentioned me printing one off??? Just not sure, I haven't ever returned anything, fishing or anywhere else.

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:46 am
Location: Minnesota & NW Wisconsin

Re: Please Help

Post by City17Banner » Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:53 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:43 pm
GOOD YEAR 71 wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:11 am
Yes. Simply place it in an appropriate box, safely placed for shipping, same box the replacement arrived in is fine, and bring it with the label to P.O. or shipping outlet or whatever near you. The label is prepaid meaning it costs you nothing. It's on their dime. And for what it's worth I lost count long ago how much I've acquired from JLS. I echo others, it's a good shop.
Yeah that is why I hesitated before I downed them. I thought maybe someone was trying to get over on me, but that was just initial shock. The contact I have made has been very friendly and apologetic. He just confused me because he said he would send a label, but I figured the label that came with the initial package was fine. He also mentioned me printing one off??? Just not sure, I haven't ever returned anything, fishing or anywhere else.
I'm glad to hear that your issue is being resolved and I'm sure that the folks at JLS will have everything in the new package that you need to fulfill the safe and expedient return of the incorrect reek you initially received.

It's very common to be shocked by an error when spending your hard-earned money on an expensive item like a 2021 Conquest 100HG Reel. As Good Year 71 noted, I too have lost count of the number of large and small JDM tackle items I have procured from JLS over the last two decades or so but even when they make a mistake, they take ownership of the issue and strive to resolve the incident to everyone's mutual benefit and that is why I keep doing business with them.

I know the last time this happened to me I was expecting a Roman Made South Premium Swimbait in the Autumn color, and instead I received a swimbait in the Winter color. Once we traded emails, JLS sent me the correct swimbait and the new package had the pre-paid postage sticker and I simply used the same packaging to drop off the package at my local US Post Office and went on to unintendedly catch a 47-inch muskie the following weekend and life was fine once again.
2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3042
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: Please Help

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:18 pm

City17Banner wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:53 pm
DirtyD64 wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:43 pm
GOOD YEAR 71 wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:11 am
Yes. Simply place it in an appropriate box, safely placed for shipping, same box the replacement arrived in is fine, and bring it with the label to P.O. or shipping outlet or whatever near you. The label is prepaid meaning it costs you nothing. It's on their dime. And for what it's worth I lost count long ago how much I've acquired from JLS. I echo others, it's a good shop.
Yeah that is why I hesitated before I downed them. I thought maybe someone was trying to get over on me, but that was just initial shock. The contact I have made has been very friendly and apologetic. He just confused me because he said he would send a label, but I figured the label that came with the initial package was fine. He also mentioned me printing one off??? Just not sure, I haven't ever returned anything, fishing or anywhere else.
I'm glad to hear that your issue is being resolved and I'm sure that the folks at JLS will have everything in the new package that you need to fulfill the safe and expedient return of the incorrect reek you initially received.

It's very common to be shocked by an error when spending your hard-earned money on an expensive item like a 2021 Conquest 100HG Reel. As Good Year 71 noted, I too have lost count of the number of large and small JDM tackle items I have procured from JLS over the last two decades or so but even when they make a mistake, they take ownership of the issue and strive to resolve the incident to everyone's mutual benefit and that is why I keep doing business with them.

I know the last time this happened to me I was expecting a Roman Made South Premium Swimbait in the Autumn color, and instead I received a swimbait in the Winter color. Once we traded emails, JLS sent me the correct swimbait and the new package had the pre-paid postage sticker and I simply used the same packaging to drop off the package at my local US Post Office and went on to unintendedly catch a 47-inch muskie the following weekend and life was fine once again.
So maybe he mailed the correct reel with a return sticker? I am just confused. I will gladly help on my end to make it right, just not 100% sure what to do yet. From what I got from the emails they need to receive the old before I get the correct one sent. Just hard to fully translate between languages at time, even in the year 2022.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 6768
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:56 pm
Location: Oxford GA

Re: Please Help

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:29 pm

You may want to check your spam folder, as he may have sent a .pdf file of the label, as well. Also, check the emails you actually have seen. You might be overlooking the attachment on one of them.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3042
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: Please Help

Post by DirtyD64 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:22 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:29 pm
You may want to check your spam folder, as he may have sent a .pdf file of the label, as well. Also, check the emails you actually have seen. You might be overlooking the attachment on one of them.
Wasn't able to find any attachments. I am staying patient, waiting for a return email. He said he shipped a return label, but also said FedEx would contact me and I would have to print one off. We have a local shipping center but they don't have the same full range as a FedEx store does, hoping they can at least print a label. They seem willing to help though so hopefully this will all turn out. Having a 3 month old is only making it harder, having a baby adds extra to everything.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3042
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: Please Help

Post by DirtyD64 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:13 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:29 pm
You may want to check your spam folder, as he may have sent a .pdf file of the label, as well. Also, check the emails you actually have seen. You might be overlooking the attachment on one of them.
So I finally got an official message from FedEx. It is a label I can print off. Now I am trying to learn if I just print it as is, like at work or a library, or does it have to be done at a FedEx store (we don't have one). Our town has the access points but no FedEx store. I also have to schedule a pickup. I am off work tomorrow so hoping to finish it all then.

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:46 am
Location: Minnesota & NW Wisconsin

Re: Please Help

Post by City17Banner » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:14 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:13 am
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:29 pm
You may want to check your spam folder, as he may have sent a .pdf file of the label, as well. Also, check the emails you actually have seen. You might be overlooking the attachment on one of them.
So I finally got an official message from FedEx. It is a label I can print off. Now I am trying to learn if I just print it as is, like at work or a library, or does it have to be done at a FedEx store (we don't have one). Our town has the access points but no FedEx store. I also have to schedule a pickup. I am off work tomorrow so hoping to finish it all then.
This is a link that I found very helpful when I've needed to send a shipment via FedEx. I checked this morning and there are 61 FedEx locations or in-store locations which are able to help me print labels, package my shipment and send my shipment to the recipient. Good luck with your shipment!

To their credit, the Walmart in-store locations I've used recently have the most services of any FedEx in-store locations I've used overall, including being able to take US Passport pictures and other services not found at other FedEx in-store locations.

Link: https://local.fedex.com/en-us?promo=QRcodelocations
2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3042
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: Please Help

Post by DirtyD64 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:23 am

City17Banner wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:14 am
DirtyD64 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:13 am
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:29 pm
You may want to check your spam folder, as he may have sent a .pdf file of the label, as well. Also, check the emails you actually have seen. You might be overlooking the attachment on one of them.
So I finally got an official message from FedEx. It is a label I can print off. Now I am trying to learn if I just print it as is, like at work or a library, or does it have to be done at a FedEx store (we don't have one). Our town has the access points but no FedEx store. I also have to schedule a pickup. I am off work tomorrow so hoping to finish it all then.
This is a link that I found very helpful when I've needed to send a shipment via FedEx. I checked this morning and there are 61 FedEx locations or in-store locations which are able to help me print labels, package my shipment and send my shipment to the recipient. Good luck with your shipment!

To their credit, the Walmart in-store locations I've used recently have the most services of any FedEx in-store locations I've used overall, including being able to take US Passport pictures and other services not found at other FedEx in-store locations.

Link: https://local.fedex.com/en-us?promo=QRcodelocations
Ok, I have gotten the next step done. Printed the label and called a local Walgreen's FedEx. They said just bring it in packaged they will attach the label. I asked JLS to hold the reel I originally request, I bet anything they are sold out by the time this is solved. I am crossing my fingers this doesn't take months and I get my reel before missing the good spring fishing.

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:46 am
Location: Minnesota & NW Wisconsin

Re: Please Help

Post by City17Banner » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:45 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:23 am
City17Banner wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:14 am
DirtyD64 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:13 am
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:29 pm
You may want to check your spam folder, as he may have sent a .pdf file of the label, as well. Also, check the emails you actually have seen. You might be overlooking the attachment on one of them.
So I finally got an official message from FedEx. It is a label I can print off. Now I am trying to learn if I just print it as is, like at work or a library, or does it have to be done at a FedEx store (we don't have one). Our town has the access points but no FedEx store. I also have to schedule a pickup. I am off work tomorrow so hoping to finish it all then.
This is a link that I found very helpful when I've needed to send a shipment via FedEx. I checked this morning and there are 61 FedEx locations or in-store locations which are able to help me print labels, package my shipment and send my shipment to the recipient. Good luck with your shipment!

To their credit, the Walmart in-store locations I've used recently have the most services of any FedEx in-store locations I've used overall, including being able to take US Passport pictures and other services not found at other FedEx in-store locations.

Link: https://local.fedex.com/en-us?promo=QRcodelocations
Ok, I have gotten the next step done. Printed the label and called a local Walgreen's FedEx. They said just bring it in packaged they will attach the label. I asked JLS to hold the reel I originally request, I bet anything they are sold out by the time this is solved. I am crossing my fingers this doesn't take months and I get my reel before missing the good spring fishing.
When I checked this morning JLS showed one Conquest 100HG in stock, two other trusted JDM sites showed one in stock each as well so they are still out there for purchase.
2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3042
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: Please Help

Post by DirtyD64 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:58 am

City17Banner wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:45 am
DirtyD64 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:23 am
City17Banner wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:14 am
DirtyD64 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:13 am
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:29 pm
You may want to check your spam folder, as he may have sent a .pdf file of the label, as well. Also, check the emails you actually have seen. You might be overlooking the attachment on one of them.
So I finally got an official message from FedEx. It is a label I can print off. Now I am trying to learn if I just print it as is, like at work or a library, or does it have to be done at a FedEx store (we don't have one). Our town has the access points but no FedEx store. I also have to schedule a pickup. I am off work tomorrow so hoping to finish it all then.
This is a link that I found very helpful when I've needed to send a shipment via FedEx. I checked this morning and there are 61 FedEx locations or in-store locations which are able to help me print labels, package my shipment and send my shipment to the recipient. Good luck with your shipment!

To their credit, the Walmart in-store locations I've used recently have the most services of any FedEx in-store locations I've used overall, including being able to take US Passport pictures and other services not found at other FedEx in-store locations.

Link: https://local.fedex.com/en-us?promo=QRcodelocations
Ok, I have gotten the next step done. Printed the label and called a local Walgreen's FedEx. They said just bring it in packaged they will attach the label. I asked JLS to hold the reel I originally request, I bet anything they are sold out by the time this is solved. I am crossing my fingers this doesn't take months and I get my reel before missing the good spring fishing.
When I checked this morning JLS showed one Conquest 100HG in stock, two other trusted JDM sites showed one in stock each as well so they are still out there for purchase.
I messaged them and requested they hold one due to their mistake (and the fact they ALREADY have my end of the deal), hoping they understand. I didn't ask for any credit, didn't get rude, didn't complain directly at them, even sent back the jerkbait gift. If they are sold out or gone I am just going to take my money back.

Post Reply