Cheap purple shallow Tatula SV spools

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Cheap purple shallow Tatula SV spools

Post by LowRange » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:52 am

I have a Prorex 200 spool from waveinn on the way for my Tatula HD and noticed they are also selling the Prorex PE SV spool which is a shallower SV spool for some Tatula platform. That's what I am unsure of. It is obviously the newest Tatula plarfrom but which spool diameter is it? 34mm or the same 32mm as the 2020 SV? By looking at the gap between the spool rim and frame it looks like it is a 34mm shallow SV spool. A 1st for this platform if true.

The spool
Tatula 100 Elite 34mm spool
Prorex 100 PE SV spool
Tatula 100 SV limited 32mm spool

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Cheap purple shallow Tatula SV spools

Post by LowRange » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:54 pm

Just ordered one. $43 shipped.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:40 am

LowRange wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:54 pm
Where did you order it from? Please let us know the compatible models of Tatula.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:25 am

Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:40 am
LowRange wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:54 pm
Where did you order it from? Please let us know the compatible models of Tatula.
Waveinn and I'll see what it fits when I get the spool.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:51 pm

Got my 1st spool in from waveinn. It's a purple Tatula 200 spool from the Prorex 200. I ordered the shallow SV spool about two weeks after the 200 spool so it should be here in a few weeks. Shipping is Aliexpress slow from this site to the US.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:43 am

Got the 34mm shallow SV spool in finally. Took like 2 months which is worse than even Aliexpress. Fits Tatula CT/Fuego CT and Tatula 100 reels. Weight wise its feels the same as my 17 Tatula SV spool and the inductor is the same length. It does however have a very thin inductor similar to the Ray's spools. Hoping this one will be a more free casting SV spool. I am very happy with the performance of my Ray's swapped Alphas SV spool.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:12 am

Going to give this a go this season. The inductor looks identical to my Alphas SV induxtor. I really like the way one of my Alphas SV spools behaves with a Ray's inductor swap with 10# flouro on M regular taper rod throwing weightless flukes. Crazy good distance and control. I'm going to see if I can make a poor man's verison of that using this reel. The 7 Laguna acts like a regular taper despite the fast rating but it's got red on it. :crying: Gotta find a purple version of the rod

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by godshippy » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:41 am

Would this spool fit the older Tatula CT? Does this spool essentially make a non-SV reel have SV? or do you still need to change the brake magnets?

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:53 am

godshippy wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:41 am
Would this spool fit the older Tatula CT? Does this spool essentially make a non-SV reel have SV? or do you still need to change the brake magnets?
Yes and no you don't have to touch the magnets. I've plunked down SV spools into reels that a 20 years old. The magnets don't care.

This purple spool does spin a little more than my other SV spools at max dial with the flick test. I havent even spooled it with line but I have a feeling this one might be more of a distance SV spool. Might not be super skip friendly. I'll find out this spring. I'll also compare it to the Ray's Long Cast for this platform. Both are very similar and are Air Brake spools. The Ray's is a chinease knock off ported spool with a tapered inductor and the Prorex SV PE is a shallow SV spool with a thin inductor. Both are "SV" spools but because Daiwa owns the term only they can call their spools that.
Attachments
s-l300 (4).jpg
s-l300 (4).jpg (17.06 KiB) Viewed 2440 times

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:59 pm

Upon further inspection I see that the inductor is actually the the thinnest I have seen yet on an SV spool. Its thinner than the Zillion TW SV or Alphas SV inductor. What does that mean? Don't know yet but I suspect that it's a faster spool. For example I can max the mag dial and flick the spool hard on all my stock SV spools and hear the tick sound of the inductor seating back against the spool meaning that it was extended. I can't do that with this spool. It slows strongly at max dial but still spins more freely than my other SV spools. This might be on the faster side of SV. Not a bad unless you're after a skipping spool. If that is the case then track down an Elite spool.

Pic compared to a Zillion SV TW spool.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:26 pm

A pic comparing the Ray's Tatula 150 long cast, Tatula100/ct/Fuego CT long cast and the Prorex PE SV. The Prorex spool has roughly the same inductor leading edge thickness as the tapered rays inductor on the Tatula/Fuego CT spool and a standard SV spring. The old Tatula/Tatula 150 long cast has a much thicker inductor similar to a 17 Tatula SV spool but a much stiffer spring. The Ray's tatula CT/100/Fuego CT spool has a spring stiffness in between the two. I'll have to compare all 3 on the water. I actually want to put a rays thin inductor on my Ray's 150/old tat red spool to make a Type R tuned spool for my old Type R Tatula now.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:10 am

Yeah this purple spool is fast. I had to run it at 13 with a 1/4 oz lipless spooled with 10# flouro. I had to run it at 18 with a 1/16 wacky head and floating worm. Skipping was very difficult even at max brake. You had to have the angle right or the 1st hit would blow up the spool.. I ended up swapping to an Alphas SV inductor but haven't fished it yet.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:22 pm

Can I get a link to the PE spool? Can't find it on the wave site.

Edit- found it...says no longer available.