New Daiwa reels

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
tditox4
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: New Daiwa reels

Post by tditox4 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:14 pm

Does AliExpress sellers mark full value on custims forms? Trying to avoid duty charges.

mrpao
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mrpao » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:34 pm

I haven't had to pay any yet.
Have ordered a number of things from AliExpress

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:06 pm

mrpao wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:34 pm
I haven't had to pay any yet.
Have ordered a number of things from AliExpress
Same here.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Jayce
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jayce » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:11 pm

Hmmm Spiders and Salamanders i wonder whats next :P

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:53 am

tditox4 wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:14 pm
Does AliExpress sellers mark full value on custims forms? Trying to avoid duty charges.
Mine most recently purchases from Aliexpress (to Finland): on every order is added EU taxes to price. Of course it may vary from country to country. ( I don't know what's the situation in other parts in EU, but in Finland we have currently process like this: https://tulli.fi/en/everythingmustbedeclared)

Hoping my Tsurinoya Trout Master III arrives today, as UPS personnel was promising to me yesterday. Hi called me for Customs clearance, but during call he realized that hi is calling to wrong place. It was slightly indistinct wrote on a package that all costs goes to the sender.

...Delivery on yesterday didn't happen. UPS updated delivery info on the evening. Now estimate is on Thursday. Delivery from China to Finland Customs was fast (11 days) but now it seems that custom clearance takes 6 days. With regardless of that everything is already paid and custom clearance should happen as fast as possible.