Carbon Fiber Strait Handles for Daiwa

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
78Staff
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Carbon Fiber Strait Handles for Daiwa

Post by 78Staff » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:50 pm

So, have four TD-Z 103's coming from Japan, and would like to replace the 80mm handles. Either with the 100M 90mm version if I can find a few, or may even look at some strait 95mm carbon fiber handles. I've got a couple ZPI & Bassart handles on some Personal Orders, but even if I could find some more of those, I really don't want to drop $4-500 on handles :). Anyone used the overseas ones from AliExpress and the like? They are ridiculously inexpensive compared to ZPI, almost to the point I'd worry about getting a carbon fiber sticker on a alum handle. Any other options to consider? I think Abu's will work but don't know if they even offer a strait CF handle.

I've also got a Megabass IS63 with an 80mm handle I want to change out to a 90mm... I can get a Type R handle for $90 from TT, but wouldn't mind finding a less costly swept replacement. I see MB makes a 90mm CF but I haven't run across one on the usual sites.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Carbon Fiber Strait Handles for Daiwa

Post by LowRange » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:05 am

The aliexpress ones are good and cheap.

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:06 am

SDS Custom ones are on the bay. They are excellent and ship from Ukraine. They take 1-2 weeks to get here but for the price can't be beat. He usually includes a free gift bait in the package as well.

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:27 am

Hawgetch, if you are ok with a handle nut retainer that looks like an upside down frying pan.

78Staff
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 78Staff » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:59 am

SDS - I saw those, have been talking to him about some of his handles. Two weeks that is not bad, the listings say over a month for delivery.

Hawgtech - I always forget about those, I will check them out as well

Thanks

78Staff
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 78Staff » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:55 pm

Ordered a few from Sergey, will try them out. Also need a swept, but didn't realize until after i placed an order, so am on the lookout for a swept 90/95mm swept Daiwa/MB, ZPI, Bassart etc if anyone has one laying around...