300 Size Reels, Tat or Curado?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: 300 Size Reels, Tat or Curado?

Post by LowRange » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:40 am

Cristo wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:51 am
I'm liking mine so much I may add 3rd. At first I had a ryoga, then I had a zillion HD mounted then I threw the tatula 300 on my slant Bridge super destruction and WoW I'm really digging that combo for slinging 68 specials. I have another world Expedition Valkyrie coming own the pipe line now without a partner(SBSD stole the 2nd Tat) so now the third may be needed :-k Covid and this is the kind of problems I have :lol:
How are the tats compared to the Zillion HD?

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:13 pm

They are both beastly but Tat is more without being too egregious or bulky. Both have the guts and payload capacity
and as a side note settled back into braid. Tried mono on both and remember why I don't use it [-X aside from an occasional leader situation :-k The HDs are more my one stop reel for smaller SBs, mag TW, spoons, frogs, bigger bills, salad duty to a degree, deeper C and T rigs blah blah blah etc :P..... Tat is my A10(buster) the HD is like a F-15 Strike variant(do all slay all) all subjective of course! I I look forward to shore and bay salting with both 8-) 1

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:15 pm

HDs settled in on the Evo WP twins, Tats are settled in nicely on my soon to be twin World Expeditions! Moved the Ryogas over to my 4 powered rods 8-)