Luvias LT

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Luvias LT

Post by HobeyBaker » Sun May 10, 2020 8:17 am

Revofisher wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 9:31 pm
thats a sweet looking reel Hobey its cool you got a made in japan one and it has a normal size spool. hopefully it becomes more refined with some use i have owned a few reels that after a few times on the water they became a little more smooth and free feeling on the retrieve
I think it's starting to loosen up some, but it still doesn't feel as refined as the Certate. I think a lot of it has to do with the Zaion material used in the reel and not the actual build quality. I added a few more pics to the album with side by sides of a Certate. I only have Exists in 4000 size, so I didn't compare them.

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Sun May 10, 2020 8:23 am

I should probably clarify the smoothness remarks. The Certate, Exist, and Stella all have a glass like smoothness to them. You can rotate the reel using the stem and it's smooth enough that gravity will cause the handle to rotate to the bottom. The Luvias is not in that category, but it's not like you feel the gears or anything else. I guess one could call it startup inertia.

Pastrmka
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Pastrmka » Sun May 10, 2020 9:28 am

Looking at some videos it appears to be heavilly greased with very sticky grease from factory which gives it more resistance. None of my other Daiwa reels had this much grease on gears.

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Sun May 10, 2020 9:55 am

Pastrmka wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 9:28 am
Looking at some videos it appears to be heavilly greased with very sticky grease from factory which gives it more resistance. None of my other Daiwa reels had this much grease on gears.
Interesting. Maybe I need to send it in to get tuned.

Thunderblack1984
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Thunderblack1984 » Mon May 11, 2020 10:01 am

Just received mine in the mail today. I ordered the 3000 as well. After unboxing I am super impressed. I have not owned certate or stella but this reel is super nice. I have tatula LT, several stradics, Ci4's, and a cardiff Ci4. This real is more refine I feel and will be fishing it shortly.
Philippians 4:6

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Mon May 18, 2020 7:43 pm

Ordered a 4000 CXH JDM the other day. Does anyone else have this model? Is it JDM only? Thanks and best wishes on the water!

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Tue May 19, 2020 6:42 am

Do you run any Shimano spinning reels? I am probably about to pull the trigger on a Certate 2500XH, just wanted a comparison from the only spinning reels I have ever used, Stradic FA and FB Ci4+'s. I would like to know if anyone has put time in on a Stradic FL and a Certate to compare (those are my 2 main choices for next purchase)...

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Tue May 19, 2020 10:56 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 6:42 am
Do you run any Shimano spinning reels? I am probably about to pull the trigger on a Certate 2500XH, just wanted a comparison from the only spinning reels I have ever used, Stradic FA and FB Ci4+'s. I would like to know if anyone has put time in on a Stradic FL and a Certate to compare (those are my 2 main choices for next purchase)...
I played around with a Stradic FL at Cabelas, but don't own one. I have owned a Stella FJ and Exsense. You can't go wrong with the Certate. Way smoother than a CI4.

Revofisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Revofisher » Wed May 20, 2020 9:50 pm

im mostly a shimano guy have a few daiwas and love them as well just have more shimano in the collection. this being said hat certate is something special i really like that reel a lot. I have the new stradic and have had ci4+ reels. if you are using braid the new stradic having the long stroke spool will bomb some baits it is an excellent caster which using the same baits i can outcast my certate. the certate is no slouch though and if your not a braid guy the certate is a for sure winner with the larger diameter arbor. The certate is very refined and just feels better in hand than the new stradic and more robust. i would 100% get the certate over the ci4+ if you go that route.

thinking about it for me the only reels i might take over the certate would be the exist and stella and i would be hard pressed to spend the extra dough just because the certate is that good for my use. I would think out of the shimano line the new twin power might be the head to head competitor with the certate , but i haven't fished one yet to know.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri May 22, 2020 6:15 am

Revofisher wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:50 pm
im mostly a shimano guy have a few daiwas and love them as well just have more shimano in the collection. this being said hat certate is something special i really like that reel a lot. I have the new stradic and have had ci4+ reels. if you are using braid the new stradic having the long stroke spool will bomb some baits it is an excellent caster which using the same baits i can outcast my certate. the certate is no slouch though and if your not a braid guy the certate is a for sure winner with the larger diameter arbor. The certate is very refined and just feels better in hand than the new stradic and more robust. i would 100% get the certate over the ci4+ if you go that route.

thinking about it for me the only reels i might take over the certate would be the exist and stella and i would be hard pressed to spend the extra dough just because the certate is that good for my use. I would think out of the shimano line the new twin power might be the head to head competitor with the certate , but i haven't fished one yet to know.
Thanks for all the advice, probably going to go with a 2500 Certate LT and remove the T knob for a new Tatula RCS style "I" shaped knob. I don't know about the Twin Power, they seem to be very similar to the FL in body build, just have some extra bearings, better sealing system, and I'm not sure what else. When you say the Stradic will outcast the Certate, is it a substantial amount??? I have always felt a $50 and $500 spinning reel don't cast nearly as different as a $50 baitcaster versus even a $150 casting reel. Just curious as to how much that long stroke spool really helps...

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tywithay » Fri May 22, 2020 10:17 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:15 am
Revofisher wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:50 pm

Thanks for all the advice, probably going to go with a 2500 Certate LT and remove the T knob for a new Tatula RCS style "I" shaped knob. I don't know about the Twin Power, they seem to be very similar to the FL in body build, just have some extra bearings, better sealing system, and I'm not sure what else. When you say the Stradic will outcast the Certate, is it a substantial amount??? I have always felt a $50 and $500 spinning reel don't cast nearly as different as a $50 baitcaster versus even a $150 casting reel. Just curious as to how much that long stroke spool really helps...
Twinpower has the magnumlite rotor as well. So startup inertia will be lighter than the FL.

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Fri May 22, 2020 3:45 pm

My 4000-CXH came today! WOW! What a nice reel. Shipped from Japan on 5/20 and got here today! THAT is fast!

tdiep001
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by tdiep001 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:50 pm

Just curious if any of you who own this reel have had any more time on the water with it? Any additional thoughts?

I ended up just ordering one from Japan so very much looking forward to getting it.

Tony9
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tony9 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:55 pm

Picked up a 2500 XH for my NRX 852S. Very pleased with it.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:13 pm

Certate :big grin: