FYI shimano Daiwa

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

FYI shimano Daiwa

Post by goldrod » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:52 pm

I brought a handle for Daiwa reels and it’s carbon fiber
The standard RCS knobs wouldn’t fit the handle so out of desperation
I tried to something. I had the New shimano knobs that I got from the
Tackletrap and it works. Flat out work.
The caveat IS I used a spacer ( sometimes I double up on the bottom bearing)
that I recently got from a set of SS knobs.

No more frustration
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

CheezusCrust
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: FYI shimano Daiwa

Post by CheezusCrust » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:07 pm

You're a genius bro

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:53 pm

Works either which way with a little toying and experimenting with fitment, I've got quiet a few RCS knobs on my Shimango's and visa versa.

Instead of having 10's of washers to allow fitment you can substitute with a bit of rigid plastic tube cut to size (if you can find it) and it'll stop any possible squeak and shave a 10th of a gram off too.

Just_Bass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Just_Bass » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:20 am

You can add another bearing to make Shimano knob work on Daiwa handle (total 3 bearing instead of 2)

Jba1975
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Jba1975 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:35 pm

I really appreciate the idea. I was contemplating on ordering a different handle for a fuego 3000 spinning reel (Not a fan of the stock T-knob)
After reading this I realized I had a spare set of Shimano septon knobs laying around that could work.
I started tinkering with the idea.
First I used a plastic handle bushing reamed out in the center to take up the extra space on the bottom of the handle. I then added a copper shim between the bushing and the bearing to take the side to play out.
The result has been so awesome. Thanks for the idea.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:15 am

Jba1975 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:35 pm
I really appreciate the idea. I was contemplating on ordering a different handle for a fuego 3000 spinning reel (Not a fan of the stock T-knob)
After reading this I realized I had a spare set of Shimano septon knobs laying around that could work.
I started tinkering with the idea.
First I used a plastic handle bushing reamed out in the center to take up the extra space on the bottom of the handle. I then added a copper shim between the bushing and the bearing to take the side to play out.
The result has been so awesome. Thanks for the idea.
Good To hear it worked out.. Thanks for the feedback.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible