‘12 Aldebaran BFS

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

‘12 Aldebaran BFS

Post by Jeffbro999 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:15 am

The other thread on this reel got my attention and I have a few questions.

Does this reel come with brass gears as stated on JapanTackle? My guess is no based on weight, but would like to confirm this.

Do parts swap between this and Core/Aldebaran 50mg? A picture of internals would be really nice.

Is there a slightly deeper aluminum spool available? Seems I saw this in the past, but don’t remember if it was for this reel or the newer version. Is the stock spool Mg?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

CheezusCrust
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: ‘12 Aldebaran BFS

Post by CheezusCrust » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:03 pm

The aldebaran BFS 12 is one of shimano's best looking reels IMO.I love straight handles more than swept back handles too

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: ‘12 Aldebaran BFS

Post by Jeffbro999 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:34 am

CheezusCrust wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:03 pm
The aldebaran BFS 12 is one of shimano's best looking reels IMO.I love straight handles more than swept back handles too
I agree, it is a great looking reel, and love the Corefit platforms. So compact and comfortable to palm. Wish I could get some easy questions answered though, seems there are several on the forum that own them :-k Might have to find out for myself like I did with my Stiles.