Daiwa tatula sv / tatula costal sv spool?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
KDogg14
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Daiwa tatula sv / tatula costal sv spool?

Post by KDogg14 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:00 pm

I just ordered the new tatula costal sv 150. I currently have a tatula sv. Could I swap spools between the reels or would they not fit?

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Daiwa tatula sv / tatula costal sv spool?

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:01 pm

I haven't actually tried, but it is my understanding that the Coastal SV spool is 34mm. The Tat SV spool is 32mm, so it's a no-go of that's the case....but if that's true, then the Coastal spool should fit into a standard Tat CT.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

KDogg14
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by KDogg14 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:50 pm

How about a spool from a T3. The 1016? Would that fit.

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:09 pm

It doesn't appear to be a free floating spool so it could only be swapped with the new Tatula 100 or CT reels.

DaveJ

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:27 am

You can try one of the Ray's Studio Long Cast spools. They are air brake like the SV spools but have a stiffer spring and thinner inductor to brake less. You can find then on aliexpress for under $35.
Attachments
DIY-DAIWA-TATULA-CT-TYPE-R-TATULA-CT-CS-DAIWA-2017-fuego-ct-2019-Tatula-100.jpg_960x960.jpg
DIY-DAIWA-TATULA-CT-TYPE-R-TATULA-CT-CS-DAIWA-2017-fuego-ct-2019-Tatula-100.jpg_960x960.jpg (40.68 KiB) Viewed 7612 times

nfnband
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by nfnband » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:42 am

Im on the hunt for a shallow spool for the coastal myself.

The New Coastal SV TWS 150 spool Has a Diameter: 33.8mm , Width 25.28mm, Shaft: 63.14mm

So bust out those calipers if you have a SV spool, could we get the model and measurements.

KDogg14
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by KDogg14 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:13 pm

Thanks for the comments everyone. I just recieved the costal yesterday! It looks and feels great. I am going to order an nrx 893c next month and I might try this costal first with the rod because the color should look good with the rod. Please keep me updated if you find a spool that would fit the costal. Can't wait to fish this setup in March.

daiwafan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by daiwafan » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:28 pm

The new blue coastal sv has the same frame as the tatula 100 and tatula elite. Any spool that will fit a Tatula CT, 2019 Tatula 100 or a Tatula Elite will fit that reel. The opening for the spool is 34 mm and daiwa typically undersizes the spools about 0.2 mm to allow for proper clearance.

The original Tatula SV from 2017 has a "33" mm spool which means if you measure it you will find its more like 32.7 mm.
You can run one of these in the reels mentioned above but there will be a gap that the line can, and will, find its way through to the spool shaft.

I've done just that but it ain't no fun feeling a tap, through your rod when you have the sideplate in your pocket and your spool in your hand straightening out the line. It ended well though with a 3-13 smallmouth.

nfnband
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by nfnband » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:54 am

I may end up gong after market to avoid the gap.
daiwafan wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:28 pm
The new blue coastal sv has the same frame as the tatula 100 and tatula elite. Any spool that will fit a Tatula CT, 2019 Tatula 100 or a Tatula Elite will fit that reel. The opening for the spool is 34 mm and daiwa typically undersizes the spools about 0.2 mm to allow for proper clearance.

The original Tatula SV from 2017 has a "33" mm spool which means if you measure it you will find its more like 32.7 mm.
You can run one of these in the reels mentioned above but there will be a gap that the line can, and will, find its way through to the spool shaft.

I've done just that but it ain't no fun feeling a tap, through your rod when you have the sideplate in your pocket and your spool in your hand straightening out the line. It ended well though with a 3-13 smallmouth.

daiwafan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by daiwafan » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:54 am

Be careful if you go to a spool made in China. I ordered one off of an auction site that was cheap at like 16.00 shipped but it is 33.3 mm and there is still enough gap for fine braid to get through. From what I have seen on youtube Rays Studio spools tend to follow the Daiwa tolerance of 0.3 mm or so below the actual measured width of the available opening. I have one of these coming any day now, its here in the USA as of 1-23-20 but must still be in the sorting /customs phase.....

nfnband
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by nfnband » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:20 am

I've been emailing everyone under the sun ... and yes Ray's Studio appears to keep closest to Daiwa specs ... Unfortunately they do not have a 34mm "SV" spool that fits the Coastal that I could find. Maybe their none SV spool will work with the original inductor. Anyone have one to borrow to test fit?
daiwafan wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:54 am
Be careful if you go to a spool made in China. I ordered one off of an auction site that was cheap at like 16.00 shipped but it is 33.3 mm and there is still enough gap for fine braid to get through. From what I have seen on youtube Rays Studio spools tend to follow the Daiwa tolerance of 0.3 mm or so below the actual measured width of the available opening. I have one of these coming any day now, its here in the USA as of 1-23-20 but must still be in the sorting /customs phase.....

daiwafan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by daiwafan » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:41 am

I literally just received a Rays Studio Spool for a Tatula CT/100/elite today. To fit the 34 mm spool that would include the new blue coastal SV 150.

It measures 33.84 mm so it conforms to the desired spec with little gap and mirrors the measurement of the stock spool it will replace.

It does have the SV type inductor with the cam system that ratchets the inductor out simply by turning it.

It is a ported spool that weighs 11.41 grams with much less line capacity than any of the stock spools for the various reels it would fit.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:35 am

daiwafan wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:41 am
I literally just received a Rays Studio Spool for a Tatula CT/100/elite today. To fit the 34 mm spool that would include the new blue coastal SV 150.

It measures 33.84 mm so it conforms to the desired spec with little gap and mirrors the measurement of the stock spool it will replace.

It does have the SV type inductor with the cam system that ratchets the inductor out simply by turning it.

It is a ported spool that weighs 11.41 grams with much less line capacity than any of the stock spools for the various reels it would fit.
I got one of those spools in just the other day. It looks nice and is very lightweight in hand, but haven't spooled it up yet, though.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

KDogg14
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by KDogg14 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:37 pm

daiwafan wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:41 am

So this particular spool will fit the new costal? Can you please tell me the model or post a link. Thanks

daiwafan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by daiwafan » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:35 am

Any rays studio spool that will fit any of the Tatula variants that use the 34 mm spool will also fit the new coastal 150. There are several variations of the Rays Studio spools so posting one link is impractical, however the spool that is pictured a couple posts above may be one of those. I would avoid any spool not listed as being a Rays Studio spool because I ordered one of those from China for 15 bucks and it is 33.3 mm and leaves a small gap between the frame and the spool.

The Tatula reels to this point that fall into this category are in order of introduction;

Tatula CT and CT Type R (2016)
Tatula CT anniversary (2017 or so)
Tatula 100 (2019)
Tatula 100 60th (2019)
Tatula Elite long cast and PF (2019)
Coastal SV 150 (2019)

The last four reels above use the same smaller Steez like frame that was first introduced on the Tatula 100 at Icast 2018 as a 2019 model. The Tatula CT frame is different but the spools will interchange with the Tatula 100 based models. The current Fuego frame is based off of the Tatuka CT and is 34 mm so it will exchange also.

The Tatula SV 2017 spool is 33 mm and will not exchange with the reels above.
The Tatula SV 2020 spool is 32 mm and will not exchange with the reels above.