Millionaire CT SV reel

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Millionaire CT SV reel

Post by goldrod » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:09 am

Looking for some feedback on this reel
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Millionaire CT SV reel

Post by Dalleinf » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:49 am

Not Daiwas finest achievement. Nice to look at. Temperamental casting and best with 5-7g or above lures. Mag brakes have fewer settings than most Daiwas. Non-handle side plate has to be unscrewed and it does not work nearly as well as on my Ryogas or Monoblock with more difficulty in reattachment (not that hard but not smooth either). I find that there are many other Daiwas that I enjoy more. Sorry for being the negative dude.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:29 pm

I still think that is such a shame because my Luna 103 + SLP Steez 105 spool is killerrrrr for crankbaits and the like. It took some upgrades besides the spool to get it there and I was hoping the CT would represent something similar out if the box. Of course, I wouldn't want to go below 1/4oz with it, so maybe I shouldn't count it out just yet. :-k
This is the way.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:52 pm

Dalleinf wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:49 am
Not Daiwas finest achievement. Nice to look at. Temperamental casting and best with 5-7g or above lures. Mag brakes have fewer settings than most Daiwas. Non-handle side plate has to be unscrewed and it does not work nearly as well as on my Ryogas or Monoblock with more difficulty in reattachment (not that hard but not smooth either). I find that there are many other Daiwas that I enjoy more. Sorry for being the negative dude.
Glad to hear your experiences
Saves me in the end. Thanks
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:38 pm

poisonokie wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:29 pm
I still think that is such a shame because my Luna 103 + SLP Steez 105 spool is killerrrrr for crankbaits and the like. It took some upgrades besides the spool to get it there and I was hoping the CT would represent something similar out if the box. Of course, I wouldn't want to go below 1/4oz with it, so maybe I shouldn't count it out just yet. :-k

I have used the reel on 5-10 trips. All have been shore fishing 5-10 meter wide trout streams / small rivers. I have mainly thrown lures weighing around 5g and certainly below 7-10g
Maybe the reel does better from a bass boat with heavier lures. I would love to hear from other users.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:46 pm

Dalleinf wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:38 pm
poisonokie wrote:

I have used the reel on 5-10 trips. All have been shore fishing 5-10 meter wide trout streams / small rivers. I have mainly thrown lures weighing around 5g and certainly below 7-10g
Maybe the reel does better from a bass boat with heavier lures. I would love to hear from other users.
Have you tried a different spool?

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:48 pm

goldrod wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:46 pm
Dalleinf wrote:
poisonokie wrote:

There isn't a whole lot of options.

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:58 pm

Yeah, basically K.T.F. (premium product) and Roro (expensive Ali/China product). Or has anyone else published another product?

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:11 am

goldrod wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:46 pm
Dalleinf wrote:
poisonokie wrote:

Sorry for late reply.
I have used an SLP RCS spool - basically the same spool/performance - the KTF Alphas/Millionaire spool, and the Roro spool from aliexpress. I prefer the KTF spool for my purpose. The Roro is fine with the very light lures but the capacity is very limited.

While the KTF spool does make things better for my style of fishing, I do not feel that the reel does better (or even as good) as many of my other Daiwas with/without aftermarket spool.
Daiwa Millionaire CT + KTF spool is close to 60.000 JPY incl.shipping. You can get a lot of reel for that sum of money.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:57 am

Interesting regarding Dallenf's experience...

I love mine. I've used it for drop shot rigs, ned rigs, cranks, and more and found it very capable, but this was all from a bass boat and fishing for bass. That plus I'm a big fan of the Millionaire platform. It's better at the lighter stuff than the former I'ZE Lite (with a Type R+ spool).
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"