Exsence 17 DC Wider Spool Options?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
JonathanSeto
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Exsence 17 DC Wider Spool Options?

Post by JonathanSeto » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:45 am

I'm just curious if anyone has changed the spool of the the Exsence 17 DC to a larger capacity spool? I like the matte black compared to the glossier finish of the Exsence 18 dc. I guess the issue with a larger capacity spool is that you would have to change the level wind would have to be changed to accommodate a wider spool. I am not sure if there are even options to purchase for a wider spool and level wind.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Exsence 17 DC Wider Spool Options?

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:54 am

No such thing as a wider spool for that reel. Deeper, yes, but wider wouldn't fit in the reel. And no, the line guide wouldn't have to be changed. The line guide is there to keep the line at a certain height as it leaves the spool. Changing from deep to shallow spools in any reel shouldn't cause any issues, since the spool is designed for that specific reel.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.