Presso Spool

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Presso Spool

Post by goldrod » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:31 pm

What the pros of a silver creek presso spool? I see one on a JDM site thats relatively inexpensive..
id like to know prior to purchasing this time around.. I have the airy red spool and the finesse special spool but I have not used either of them. Last time I just brought parts I ended up with an SV105 and SV1012 spool ( both were purple and both were the same color as the accents of the steez EX that I have ) .. finding out that they were identical with the exception of the thickness of the inductor was costly so I dont want to repeat the same thing with these pixy spools..
Thanks All
and Thanks to all that helped me with the pixy project..ESP TIM
You were right its best to just get what you want the first time around instead of building it.. Told the wife that like it came from me and she was glowing.. It was as if I had an agreeable epiphany.. Anyways got to get back to work.. four weeks left..
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Schlag
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Presso Spool

Post by Schlag » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:07 am

The Presso spool has a fixed inductor. It casts differently than the airy red, PX68 or ACS. It's more suited to cast out 3/16 oz hard baits or greater. You have to put a little more into your cast to get the distance, but the spool is very tame. I have very little issues using light braid on this spool, even in high winds. I've never upgraded the spool bearings on my Presso.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:12 pm

Schlag wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:07 am
The Presso spool has a fixed inductor. It casts differently than the airy red, PX68 or ACS. It's more suited to cast out 3/16 oz hard baits or greater. You have to put a little more into your cast to get the distance, but the spool is very tame. I have very little issues using light braid on this spool, even in high winds. I've never upgraded the spool bearings on my Presso.
What’s the ACS?
The presso spool can be used in other platforms right?

Thanks for the initial feedback. I saw a video of the presso and the guy did put some ump into his casting.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Schlag
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Schlag » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:07 pm

goldrod wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:12 pm
Schlag wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:07 am
What’s the ACS?
The presso spool can be used in other platforms right?

Thanks for the initial feedback. I saw a video of the presso and the guy did put some ump into his casting.
My bad. ASC. Alphas Air Stream Custom.