Need opinions upgrade daiwa alphas air bearing.

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Just_Bass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Need opinions upgrade daiwa alphas air bearing.

Post by Just_Bass » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:12 pm

I’m thinking of upgrade stock micro bearing to BFS air bearing, will I see any different in casting? I normally use 1.5gram jig head with 1gram crappie plastic and got about 50’ with no wind. Another question is will hedgehog bfs air bearing make some noise like Ray’s bearing on my Pixy?

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Need opinions upgrade daiwa alphas air bearing.

Post by SSS » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:01 pm

Pretty sure alphas air comes with quality stock bearings, but i've never seen em so i dunno. If its just stock bearings you'd get inside a pixy, etc, then yes, Air BFS are great, especially for the ultra light stuff. Air BFS are metal so they're nowhere near as noisy as the ray studio ones.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:33 pm

Yeah, I wouldn't even mess with it.
This is the way.

Just_Bass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Just_Bass » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:45 pm

SSS wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:01 pm
Pretty sure alphas air comes with quality stock bearings, but i've never seen em so i dunno. If its just stock bearings you'd get inside a pixy, etc, then yes, Air BFS are great, especially for the ultra light stuff. Air BFS are metal so they're nowhere near as noisy as the ray studio ones.
Alphas air come with small micro bearing with sleeve (same as bfs air bearing on both sides) unlike alphas 105sv with regular size bearing.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:51 pm

Just_Bass wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:45 pm
SSS wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:01 pm
Alphas air come with small micro bearing with sleeve (same as bfs air bearing on both sides) unlike alphas 105sv with regular size bearing.
Don't bother, they're good. Already had one pair, i think its made by SLP, they were very good. Get some Ultra Light oil from hedgehog instead.