Scratched up my Bantam, what can I do?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Scratched up my Bantam, what can I do?

Post by SSS » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:41 am

In about 20 years of fishing, i have never a single time hooked any lure to the frame of a reel. My ocd doesn't allow me to do something like that :lol:

bwjay
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bwjay » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:00 am

I will just have to learn to deal with it, it seems. It is a battle scar as far as I'm concerned. I learned a valuable lesson. It's kind of a bummer that it scratches so easily though.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:01 am

bwjay wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:00 am
I will just have to learn to deal with it, it seems. It is a battle scar as far as I'm concerned. I learned a valuable lesson. It's kind of a bummer that it scratches so easily though.
If you're a shore fisherman, you will scratch/beat up your equipment. It is inevitable, like slipping and falling. It's all part of the game.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:17 am

arrowslinger1 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:36 pm
If I scratch a reel
I sell it at a considerable discounted price and re buy the reel.
One way to look at it- would u pay $25 or even $50 not to have the scratches on it?
I had a new conquest 100hg fresh from japan- dropped it and put two very tiny blemishes on it- I couldn’t live with it so I showed the scratches in the pics - sold it
Bought a new one
Lived happily ever after

Self inflicted blemishes and scars eat at me.
I have been contemplating selling a reel I just got from Ian that’s been tuned to the max. And when I consider the cost of upgraded like the handle drag start etc I know I won’t get 1/3 of what I’ve already put in it. I’m trying to make myself use it. But it’s probably going to get sold.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:08 pm

goldrod wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:17 am
arrowslinger1 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:36 pm
If I scratch a reel
I sell it at a considerable discounted price and re buy the reel.
One way to look at it- would u pay $25 or even $50 not to have the scratches on it?
I had a new conquest 100hg fresh from japan- dropped it and put two very tiny blemishes on it- I couldn’t live with it so I showed the scratches in the pics - sold it
Bought a new one
Lived happily ever after

Self inflicted blemishes and scars eat at me.
I have been contemplating selling a reel I just got from Ian that’s been tuned to the max. And when I consider the cost of upgraded like the handle drag start etc I know I won’t get 1/3 of what I’ve already put in it. I’m trying to make myself use it. But it’s probably going to get sold.
Keep it and fish it. Fishing isn't a beauty contest, or we'd all be in trouble!