Repainting a reel...

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Repainting a reel...

Post by cndbasshunter » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:34 am

Bantam1 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:27 pm
I use a candy paint of a very carefully prepped frame and side plate so the letters and numbers come through. Then it's being careful with the clear coat application. I did a red one too for a good friend that fishes the FLW Tour. I don't have any pics on my phone of the blue reel. Here's the red one but with the terrible office lighting pics. So imagine this same look but the reel is blue. I used the same black and sliver parts to accent the rest of the reel. All stock Shimano parts used.

sexy

Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Repainting a reel...

Post by Winstondry » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:11 am

Bantam1 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:27 pm
I use a candy paint of a very carefully prepped frame and side plate so the letters and numbers come through. Then it's being careful with the clear coat application. I did a red one too for a good friend that fishes the FLW Tour. I don't have any pics on my phone of the blue reel. Here's the red one but with the terrible office lighting pics. So imagine this same look but the reel is blue. I used the same black and sliver parts to accent the rest of the reel. All stock Shimano parts used.

Sweet, very nice Dan!