ICAST 2019

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1822
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: ICAST 2019

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:38 am

bronzefly wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:38 pm
M Perry wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:20 pm
I know Daiwa has multiple new models to debut. I'm excited to see them and try them out.
Yes indeed. I've fished quite a few of the new introductions, good stuff coming for sure from our Daiwa friends =D>
Spinning? Casting? Or both? Just like another post said, I don't have a clue what is coming, they haven't done any Project T videos at all recently unless I completely missed them. I hope for some $300 range casting reels, aside of the Alphas CT SV. Still holding out that they drop a new Zillion, Zillion classic (SV103 style) with a 30mm spool???

User avatar
Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 895
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:00 pm
Location: North GA

Re: ICAST 2019

Post by Cracker » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:55 pm

Probably something similar to Poison Adrena, which been selling on Internet, quite a
long time, and came up as a "new" product on US market.
Last edited by Cracker on Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support
Posts: 4916
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:44 am

Re: ICAST 2019

Post by Bantam1 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:37 pm

LgMouthGambler wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:28 pm
LowRange wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:23 pm
poisonokie wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:29 am
LowRange wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:06 am
Houndfish wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:56 am


I am going to buy one just to encourage Shimano to produce reels with names I can pronounce.
Just for that Shimano is going to change the name to Eshellaleks.
That'll be the Shishamo version.
Feast your eyes on the Cadence CB8.
Please tell me thats not a Doyo made Shimano.
We will never have an OEM build reels for us. We have two factories for reels and we like to utilize them given the significant investments that have been made.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 4663
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:56 pm
Location: Oxford GA

Re: ICAST 2019

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:13 pm

Bantam1 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:37 pm

We will never have an OEM build reels for us. We have two factories for reels and we like to utilize them given the significant investments that have been made.
Hey Dan, I sure wish other mfgr's felt the same way. ](*,)
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

User avatar
LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2387
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:04 am
Location: S FL

Re: ICAST 2019

Post by LgMouthGambler » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:03 pm

Bantam1 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:37 pm
LgMouthGambler wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:28 pm
LowRange wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:23 pm
poisonokie wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:29 am
LowRange wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:06 am


Just for that Shimano is going to change the name to Eshellaleks.
That'll be the Shishamo version.
Feast your eyes on the Cadence CB8.
Please tell me thats not a Doyo made Shimano.
We will never have an OEM build reels for us. We have two factories for reels and we like to utilize them given the significant investments that have been made.
Thank the Lord! I saw the blue and thought "oh please no!" Thanks for the confirmation.
<")))><{

joekaz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:08 pm
Location: Central New York

Re: ICAST 2019

Post by joekaz » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:03 am

On another website someone said the SLX DC was coming to ICAST. He also said the US would now have 3 models of the SLX. I assume the SLX XT is going to be the third model.

User avatar
johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 363
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:16 am
Location: Lakeland , FL

Re: ICAST 2019

Post by johnD » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:42 am

Bantam1 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:37 pm

We will never have an OEM build reels for us. We have two factories for reels and we like to utilize them given the significant investments that have been made.
Good to see you in here Dan. Thanks for the confirmation.

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2172
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:57 pm

Re: ICAST 2019

Post by E73Bass » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:43 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:38 pm
M Perry wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:20 pm
I know Daiwa has multiple new models to debut. I'm excited to see them and try them out.
Yes indeed. I've fished quite a few of the new introductions, good stuff coming for sure from our Daiwa friends =D>
New things?...do you know if Daiwa will be bringing out a new line of Zillion Rods to accompany those cute little Pixy size Zillions ? 😁😁😁

User avatar
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 5640
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: ICAST 2019

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:44 pm

E73Bass wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:43 pm
bronzefly wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:38 pm
M Perry wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:20 pm
I know Daiwa has multiple new models to debut. I'm excited to see them and try them out.
Yes indeed. I've fished quite a few of the new introductions, good stuff coming for sure from our Daiwa friends =D>
New things?...do you know if Daiwa will be bringing out a new line of Zillion Rods to accompany those cute little Pixy size Zillions ? 😁😁😁
Pixy sized Zillions?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3358
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Re: ICAST 2019

Post by goldrod » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:40 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:44 pm
E73Bass wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:43 pm
bronzefly wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:38 pm
M Perry wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:20 pm
I know Daiwa has multiple new models to debut. I'm excited to see them and try them out.
Yes indeed. I've fished quite a few of the new introductions, good stuff coming for sure from our Daiwa friends =D>
New things?...do you know if Daiwa will be bringing out a new line of Zillion Rods to accompany those cute little Pixy size Zillions ? 😁😁😁
Pixy sized Zillions?

Pixy sized zillion
:-k =D>

But what would they call it? Seems zilly just thinking about it
Chase your dreams for they won't chase you.

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2172
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:57 pm

Re: ICAST 2019

Post by E73Bass » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:03 pm

goldrod wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:40 pm
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:44 pm
E73Bass wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:43 pm
bronzefly wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:38 pm
M Perry wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:20 pm
I know Daiwa has multiple new models to debut. I'm excited to see them and try them out.
Yes indeed. I've fished quite a few of the new introductions, good stuff coming for sure from our Daiwa friends =D>
New things?...do you know if Daiwa will be bringing out a new line of Zillion Rods to accompany those cute little Pixy size Zillions ? 😁😁😁
Pixy sized Zillions?

Pixy sized zillion
:-k =D>

But what would they call it? Seems zilly just thinking about it
Zirty mm spool 😐😐😐

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 4663
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:56 pm
Location: Oxford GA

Re: ICAST 2019

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:01 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:44 pm
E73Bass wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:43 pm
bronzefly wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:38 pm
M Perry wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:20 pm
I know Daiwa has multiple new models to debut. I'm excited to see them and try them out.
Yes indeed. I've fished quite a few of the new introductions, good stuff coming for sure from our Daiwa friends =D>
New things?...do you know if Daiwa will be bringing out a new line of Zillion Rods to accompany those cute little Pixy size Zillions ? 😁😁😁
Pixy sized Zillions?
I'm hoping against hope that there will be a new Zillion, maybe on the Steez CT frame, but in aluminum. I heard a rumor, but could be just that.
E73Bass wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:03 pm
Zirty mm spool 😐😐😐
A deep 30mm spool would be just fine with me!
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

User avatar
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2040
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:18 am

Re: ICAST 2019

Post by LowRange » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:39 pm

I'm hoping that there is a Steez A based Zillion with brass gears coming out this year. That would be awesome. [-o<

Poisson
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 10:57 am
Location: Iowa

Re: ICAST 2019

Post by Poisson » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:16 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:01 pm
I'm hoping against hope that there will be a new Zillion, maybe on the Steez CT frame, but in aluminum. I heard a rumor, but could be just that.
What a tantalizing thread this is, hopefully we'll get some leaked pics soon!

Aquaftm45
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 749
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:50 pm

Re: ICAST 2019

Post by Aquaftm45 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:36 pm

Not sure if it will make it stateside, but it would be a big hit with the salt crowd.

The 19 Certate ARK, with power knob standard from the 3000 to the new 5000 size.
19 Certate Ark 5000.jpg
19 Certate Ark 5000.jpg (33.39 KiB) Viewed 760 times

Post Reply