question on a spinning reel add on

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
lifeofRiley
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

question on a spinning reel add on

Post by lifeofRiley » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:34 pm

I was watching a u-tube today, and the guy in the video had a post coming off the non-handle side of his spinning reel body. It was a mid size daiwa, I'm guessing 2000 size. I've seen these on larger saltwater size reels to keep the reel up off the boat deck. I figured it'd be handy for the times I fish for stream trout, as I often want to set my reel down, but there's much sand/dirt and I'm worried about contaminants getting into the reels internals and wrecking bearings/main gears/worm gear etc. I usually use shimano reels, 2500 Ci4+ stradic is my most commonly used, although I also have some FJs.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: question on a spinning reel add on

Post by Aquaftm45 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:21 pm

lifeofRiley wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:34 pm
I was watching a u-tube today, and the guy in the video had a post coming off the non-handle side of his spinning reel body. It was a mid size daiwa, I'm guessing 2000 size. I've seen these on larger saltwater size reels to keep the reel up off the boat deck. I figured it'd be handy for the times I fish for stream trout, as I often want to set my reel down, but there's much sand/dirt and I'm worried about contaminants getting into the reels internals and wrecking bearings/main gears/worm gear etc. I usually use shimano reels, 2500 Ci4+ stradic is my most commonly used, although I also have some FJs.
Yes.

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:51 pm

Keep in mind the reels that are made with semi metal frames can and will have a different threading for the reel stand to screw on. An easy way is to test the reel blank garnish cap between reels and see if they fit...

For instance my FJ Stradic's I bought reel stands for won't swap out to the ci4 F Stradic counterpart...

Later reels may be an exception to the rule.

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by slipperybob » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:05 am

But that's what the outdoor yoga matt is for... :mrgreen:
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish

Sore Thumb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Sore Thumb » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:51 pm

Lifeofriley sent you a pm.

lifeofRiley
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lifeofRiley » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:05 pm

I just ordered one for 10 bucks off flea bay from gomexus. I should have in a few days, will report how it works.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:26 am

slipperybob wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:05 am
But that's what the outdoor yoga matt is for... :mrgreen:
That’s what my nasty fishing hat is for....