New Tatula Elite Reel

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: New Tatula Elite Reel

Post by Jason Penn » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:02 am

could someone that has 1 of these reels post a pic of the bottom rear side of the crank side? the tat sv has a cutout that seems to help my fingers avoid the gear case, and was wondering if the elite/tat 100 is the same

fishballer06
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fishballer06 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:29 pm

Who has some on the water experience with these? I'm looking at trying one of these out or maybe another Scorpion MGL.

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:48 pm

LowRange wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:59 pm
Both of my Alphas SVs make a clacking noise when turning the handle with no load on the spool. It is really off putting when playing with the reels in hand but once on the water they are silent. I've never ventured to see what it is but it is internal and coming from within the handle side plate.
In that case it is likely because the spool pin is a little lose in the pinion gear. Without load, the spool pin will rock back and forth within the pinion slot during acceleration and deceleration. OG DIY spools did this in normally silent Steez and TDZ reels.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:00 pm

IlliniDawg01 wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:48 pm
LowRange wrote:
Both of my Alphas SVs make a clacking noise when turning the handle with no load on the spool. It is really off putting when playing with the reels in hand but once on the water they are silent. I've never ventured to see what it is but it is internal and coming from within the handle side plate.
In that case it is likely because the spool pin is a little lose in the pinion gear. Without load, the spool pin will rock back and forth within the pinion slot during acceleration and deceleration. OG DIY spools did this in normally silent Steez and TDZ reels.
That's exactly it. I had the same thing happen to me with a DIY spool in a Fuego CT. It drove me mad, enough that I sold the reel and spool. It's because of a thinner spool pin, which is required in those finesse spools, because the shaft is also smaller.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:08 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:00 pm
IlliniDawg01 wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:48 pm
LowRange wrote:
That's exactly it. I had the same thing happen to me with a DIY spool in a Fuego CT. It drove me mad, enough that I sold the reel and spool. It's because of a thinner spool pin, which is required in those finesse spools, because the shaft is also smaller.
Wow! Sounds like something everyone buying a DIY spool should worry about.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:59 pm

Most people dont notice it, but I even noticed it on the Alphas SV 105 reels I've owned, and they had the stock SV 105 spools that came in them. That was the primary reason I sold all those off.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:27 pm

Many of the new DIY models have thicker shafts now. Perhaps it was a common complaint. Never really bothered me, but I've got lots of noisy reels. My Brenious is probably my most silent reel.