Antares 70 A

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
lifeofRiley
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Antares 70 A

Post by lifeofRiley » Wed May 15, 2019 6:49 pm

I'm looking for information from anyone who has one or has fished with one? I don't purchase new reels much anymore because I already have too many. In fact I have a new bantam and a new met and I don't use them that much because I love my cu200e7s and chD7s. I'm not a big dc guy either, I think it takes away from the versatility of the reel. The aldeblooble IMO is a bad looking reel and has a terrible name. The new Antares really has me curious though, would love to hear opinions on it. Also if anyone knows where I could get a good price on one and wants to shoot me a PM that would be appreciated. Or if you think there's a better reel out there than the ANT70A let me know, I'm open minded.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Antares 70 A

Post by SSS » Sat May 18, 2019 4:01 pm

Didn't fished it so no experience there. But to me, the day shimano releases a full magnesium antares below 6.3oz is the day i'll be interested. They're just too heavy for my liking.

offsidewing
Angler
Angler

Re: Antares 70 A

Post by offsidewing » Fri May 24, 2019 5:20 pm

I really like it. Casts like a dream and is a solid reel. Makes my Core 50mg7 feel like an Abu Black Max. I feels like a premium reel for sure.

The Bantam MGL is also a solid reel.