Don't shoot the messenger...

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Don't shoot the messenger...

Post by ShimanoFan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:02 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:40 pm
Samuel_b wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:27 pm
I don't even need to read anymore to bet it was bass resource :lol: :D
Those guys at BR are a bunch of idiots.
Hint?

synonyms:
best · ideal · greatest · supreme · paramount · superlative · highest · unsurpassed · unrivaled · topmost · utmost · optimum · quintessential · apogean

We just remove the "B" from their names and it fits like a glove!
Last edited by ShimanoFan on Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why is there a concerted effort of hate? And why is it allowed?

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:36 pm

Samuel_b wrote:
If you type the name 3 times, J Franco will come over here and start his BS. :lol:
<")))><{

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:37 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Samuel_b wrote:
Those guys at BR are a bunch of idiots. One of the mods is actually a cool guy, but aside from him, the other 2 mods I knew got kicked off or quit because of the owner, Glenn. I quit that forum over 3 yrs ago, after being temporarily banned from the buy/sell/trade area for "selling too much". I had sold 2 items in the previous 2 months. 3 of his own mods went to bat for me and he lifted the ban the next day, but I called him a Nazi and told him I wouldnt be back. Man, I dont know how that forum is still in existence. ](*,)
You have to admit though, it makes for some humorous reading while on the can. :lol:
<")))><{

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:15 pm

I never had an issue with BR, actually read both forums for a while before joining TackleTour. To make the story short, it wasn't a hard choice. I first started searching what part numbers or what I needed to repair/maintain certain reels. I got both sites, and read as a guest, the quality of info here was superior, so this is where I landed and never looked back.

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:18 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Samuel_b wrote:
Those guys at BR are a bunch of idiots. One of the mods is actually a cool guy, but aside from him, the other 2 mods I knew got kicked off or quit because of the owner, Glenn. I quit that forum over 3 yrs ago, after being temporarily banned from the buy/sell/trade area for "selling too much". I had sold 2 items in the previous 2 months. 3 of his own mods went to bat for me and he lifted the ban the next day, but I called him a Nazi and told him I wouldnt be back. Man, I dont know how that forum is still in existence. ](*,)
I had a similar experience there.

I try and support local Florida tackle companies, and I knew their "advertising" policy was strict over there, but I did not realize how strict until one day I made a simple little post about a new hook I had found inside Bass Pro made by a small mom and pop tackle company here in Florida.

So I did a post on it and included a couple of photos of the hook, but my mistake was I included the package in the photo. So top SS officer GM placed a big red warning flag on my account because he said I was doing illegal promotions of a company that was not paying him money every month in sponsor money.

I told him you need to remove this BS from my account immediately. He said no. So I told one of the "nice" moderators to close my account. It was the only way to get rid of that red flag. I'm not going to tolerate that sort of nonsense.

Fishing forums should be open and free to all fishermen to discuss what works best for us regardless of who is paying who. I am one of those who don't pay any attention to companies who pay for favoritism in forums. I tend to run in the opposite direction when I see that.

It is sort of like sushi bars... if a sushi bar has to advertise and put out coupons in the surrounding community, then we KNOW to avoid that place. Great sushi bars never have to advertise what they do, and they don't put out coupons either. Great sushi chefs are always word of mouth.

And fishing equipment should be no different. Until you run into people like GM and MC. Then you get the bullies and thug treatment if you don't play along with their little paid to play gestapo game plan.

And today when I browse bass fishing videos on youtube and come across the miniature pillsbury dough boy with the Hitler moustache I can't stand to watch anything he does. Just so ridiculous. Comes across as a complete wannabe intruding into the fishing world with intent to control content, control opinions, and control what we are told to buy or not- for his profit too.

It just does not work with me. But over on another forum, there are those with hook in mouth being dragged right along with the paid to play program telling the whole world how a cheap chinese entry level rod is the greatest thing on earth.

Thank god for Tackle Tour!
Why is there a concerted effort of hate? And why is it allowed?