Daiwa T3 ballistic question

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Moosehead
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Daiwa T3 ballistic question

Post by Moosehead » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:05 pm

I hate to ask such a remedial question but here goes. I really like fishing with my T3s. the all have the 1016 spools, upgraded bearings, were very inexpensive to buy and are very fun to fish with. I really don't mind the handle to much but thought I would put on a nut and handle nut retainer (nut plate)for each one. Well the nut fits just fine but the retainer nut plate is just a smidge off when it comes to installing the screw. Is the a different nut plate I could look at? Every nut plate from all different Daiwa models seems to be just a little off. Before I take a small file to the ones I have just wondering if there is another I could just drop on.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Daiwa T3 ballistic question

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:01 pm

A small rat tail file is what you need. Ive done it so many times that my little file stays in my parts box with my other tools.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Moosehead
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Daiwa T3 ballistic question

Post by Moosehead » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:20 pm

yep, that's what I was thinking...