Newer Reels

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Newer Reels

Post by LgMouthGambler » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:25 am

389Maverick wrote:
medicpelle wrote:Is it just me or do the new reels leave something to be desired? I'm a JDM/Diawa guy and I can't see anything out there that I would give up my older platform reels for. Love my ito's, type-r's, steez, etc.
I stopped reading at "Diawa"....
:lol:
<")))><{

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:38 am

LgMouthGambler wrote:
389Maverick wrote:
medicpelle wrote:Is it just me or do the new reels leave something to be desired? I'm a JDM/Diawa guy and I can't see anything out there that I would give up my older platform reels for. Love my ito's, type-r's, steez, etc.
I stopped reading at "Diawa"....
:lol:
I guess that's what I should've done. Lol, you guys are ruthless. I love it. :evil22:
This is the way.

Drew03cmc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Drew03cmc » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:04 pm

Honestly, until I started grabbing Fuegos, I hated the physical dimensions of Daiwa and hated Magforce. I am sold on these Fuegos and aim to try a Tat CT or even go higher in the food chain. Now, when I hold a Curado, up to an including the I models, they're uncomfortable. I've had 70s, 100s and 200s. The only ones I liked how they felt were the old, green 100s. The cast control wasn't nearly what I get with my current reels. I feel like I'm rambling, but it is what it is.
Andy

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:33 pm

Drew03cmc wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:04 pm
Honestly, until I started grabbing Fuegos, I hated the physical dimensions of Daiwa and hated Magforce. I am sold on these Fuegos and aim to try a Tat CT or even go higher in the food chain. Now, when I hold a Curado, up to an including the I models, they're uncomfortable. I've had 70s, 100s and 200s. The only ones I liked how they felt were the old, green 100s. The cast control wasn't nearly what I get with my current reels. I feel like I'm rambling, but it is what it is.
What made you hate magforce?

Drew03cmc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Drew03cmc » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:56 pm

SSS wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:33 pm
Drew03cmc wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:04 pm
What made you hate magforce?
I had never spent much time with it. Now, give me Magforce Z, or even V over the SVS system.
Andy